Options

Tab 400- 2021 Closet

Anyone know why the TAB 400-2021 closet lost the side compartments with the black netting stuff? Those seemed like useful spaces. 

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited June 2020
    The closet is now an option with a larger 3-way fridge in the same space.  The closet Fridge option In 2020, used the remaining space in this void area that was previously used for the in closet shelves.  The new closet is now wider, but shorter height wise from the previous models, with a false back, that you can remove and add the shelves back in there.  In 2021 the front wall of the closet now is set back and straight, from the shower/toilet front angled wall.  The on the previous versionS, the closet was an extension of the shower/toilet front wall, all one bit.   With the closet / fridge option now share the exact same space with out having to modify the previous closet space, streamlining cabinet production.  This change may have happened in the late 2020 run, not sure, but the early 2020 models I saw, had the old steel closet front.

See floor plan below, this is new 2021 layout

This view above is the previous standard layout in the 2018/2019/2020 models
    Cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jenniferlzrjenniferlzr Member Posts: 59
    @Denny16 The closet was also an option on the previous years. You could have the 3-way frig or the closet. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think the large fridge was only was an option starting in late 2019 and for the 2020 Model from what I understand, and could find.  The 2018 Model was the first year for the TaB 400, and it and the 2019 were the basically same, except for some minor tweaks and battery change.  A Microwave option was also added in 2019 model year.  The larger fridge option may have been available on some very late 2019 models, which used the same cabinets as the new 2020 model.  The new cabinet change came out in 2021 model year, as did the return to the CoolCat AC.

I found this quote in the forum from Verna in March 2019,
    “I think there will be a few three-ways, but,it was introduced at üCamp18 in July 2018, and not announced until a few months later after all the aesthetics were addressed. So, there probably aren’t many out there.”

The 2020 model had quite a few major changes with the move to the Air8 AC system, which eliminated the CoolCat duct work inside the 2018/2019 model closet. A lower vent was used in 2020.   Adding the option for the three way fridge required a complete remake of the closet inside space and shifting of the water pump, electric panel and other bits, as you lost access to the bottom area (which housed the water pump and valves) under the closet with the large fridge added, and the Alde reservoir was moved for the same reason.  So a new standard layout for these occurred in late 2020 with the 2021 model year.

We looked at the 2019 models when we bought our TaB 400, and the three way option was not on the order form for a 2019.  We were told that was an option starting in 2020 model.  The new Solo model also came out in late 2019, which eliminated this closet are a all together. 
    Cheers
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    I also been trying to figure out why they don’t have the black netting compartments in that big closet. Is the width of the closet smaller than a 2019? The bed width is a constant. The couch didn’t get wider. The only variable left is the bathroom and I never heard of the bathroom getting wider.  So why/ how is that closet smaller in width than it was in the 2020? If the closet is narrower, something gained that space and is wider.... what am I missing? 
    (We own a 2021.) 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    The side shelves were created in the false wall of the closet, the upper part housed the radio speaker and wiring runs, the lower part more wire chase area for the power converter and behind that the water pump, and valves.  So the 2018/2019 closet hanging area was narrower and taller than the new 2021 closet, which mirror like a hanging locker, and  is wider, with a storage drawer Under it, so it is shorter.  So the same space without and additional changes could be used for the fridge, but changing the door for a frame.  See photo:

As you can see, the double wall on the left is gone, as this area is needed for the larger fridge option.  Also the front is setback a bit.  You can see the shelf mod done by awahi   This area was a false back, hiding the speaker on the left and wires behind it, that used to be in the former left side double wall.
    This was a nice mod by awahi.
    cheers
  • Options
    jenniferlzrjenniferlzr Member Posts: 59
    That's perfect! Where can we get that mesh? I want to do the same thing if I get a 2021.