Options

Dumb question about 2020 TAB 400 Air 8 / Elwell Control Panel

How do you turn it on? 

I'm not sure if I have a problem with it or not, it's been in storage on the side of the house for a few months. It's 105 here in Arizona today and wanted to test the AC. I'm plugged into a 30Amp outlet I installed myself that 100% works. Microwave works. Fridge shows the AC plug symbol. I've ran the AC before on it.

I've got nothing on the LCD screen. The little red square, is that the Power button? It looks more like an IR receiver for a remote. It kinda wiggles around but doesn't depress. Checked all fuses/breakers.  Figured I'd ask here before calling the dealer.

2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite - 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum - Tempe AZ

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Is there a 120v power cord that the Elwell plugs into like the Alde?  Maybe it came loose?  GFCI that triggered?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    grsiepkagrsiepka Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2020
    I haven't checked under the bed yet (where the air8 unit is) for anything wrong in there. That's my next step once I get time.   Checked all the gfci's and they are all good. I'd imagine those are separate circuits though.  Watched the few Air8 videos on youtube to refresh my memory of how that works, it seems like that LCD screen should always been on, and there's a "virtual" power button on the screen itself.  So either I've got a bad screen or a power issue going to it. Probably going to be a dealer call.  :(

Edit: I did just see the similar thread about the Alde panel issue someone else was having. My Alde control panel is working just fine. I'm hesitant to pull the Elwell control panel off as I'm not really sure yet how to remove it.
  • Options
    Just an update that I checked under the bed. No obvious issues, didn't see a fuse under the green panel on the air8 box.  Finally popped off the Elwell panel off the wall, wires connected fine. Triple checked all fuses/breakers in the panel under the dinette.  I'm stumped.  Calling the dealer in the morning. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @grsiepka, I recall that a 400 had a problem with their KIB buttons that were displaced under the panel and they could not compress the buttons.  Any chance that could happen?  Picture?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NoVaGuyNoVaGuy Member Posts: 95
    There is some form of GFCI I believe under the bed.  Yellow toggle switch.  Not sure what it controls, I hit it by accident when I was wiring my Victron.
    States Visited Map

2020 T@B 400 BD Lite
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yep I found that one. I think thats more of a breaker for the inverter i think.

However... I emailed my dealer. He told me the Air 8 is actually plugged into a GFCI under the bed.(@Sharon_is_SAM mentioned this but i was thinking of the control panel)  Its in the front right corner buried under the 3 air duct hosts. DIdn't even see it the first time i went digging around in there. That GFCI was indeed tripped. Reset it and i'm back in business.   Thanks for the suggestions all. 
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    I have the Tab320S, and I had to reset the plug.  It is located under the back back.  I had to fold the cushion up, and fold my body, and go upside down.  I am so glad for the forum!  Thank you!!! 🥰🥰🥰