Options

ATM or ATC Fuses?

I’m preparing to purchase a set of spare fuses, but see there are two types. Does a 2018 320-CS use ATM or ATC size blade fuses or a combination of both sizes? Just thought I’d ask here first before reviewing all of the relevant manuals. Thanks!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    Believe all the blade fuses are standard size; ATC.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Sharon_is_SAM Yes, that is what I started with and when I went on Amazon looking for the fuses in the guide that's when I noticed they offered ATM and ATC types.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @JP2558, just to add to this discussion, an "ATM" fuse is a mini fuse (smaller than normally used.)  In the "Fuses for Dummies" document, it appears that the 7.5A fuse for the Jensen TV is a mini fuse, so that may be the only ATM fuse you would need.  It might be worth pulling that particular fuse to confirm the size.  ATC/ATO fuses are mid-sized and most commonly used.  (There is also the much larger maxi-sized fuse ("APS"), but those are not used in the T@B.)

An "ATC" fuse has a closed  fuse element inside the plastic housing between the blades.  The advantage of it being closed it that the fuse element is protected from the environment and corrosion, so it is the best choice for use.

An "ATO" fuse is open at the bottom of the plastic housing, which exposes the fuse element.  Thus, there is a higher probability of corrosion build-up if that type fuse is exposed to areas of moisture.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    edited June 2020
    @Bayliss - Thank you, this is very helpful. Yes, I pulled the Jensen tv fuse and did notice it being smaller in size too. I intend to build my spare stock using all ATC types, except for the Jensen tv (and except for the glass/barrel fuses).

Thanks, Jerry