Options

SeeLevel II Tank Monitor Operation Simple beginner's questions

We purchased our T@B secondhand, and the original owners never used the sink/stove. I looked up on the SeeLevel owner's brochure and didn't find the simple answer I need. My unit does not have a wet bath/shower. Only a sink with no hot water. The panel has a toggle switch with pump on one end and a green light on the other. The buttons are BATT, FRESH, GREY and BLACK.

So, here are my dumb beginner's questions: 
1. The water seems to come through the faucet whether the pump toggle is on (toward the green light) or off. Which position should it be in most of the time? (at rest)
2. The Fresh water display never goes over 75%, and I'm not sure it ever gets to zero (Just disinfecting the tank right now). And the Grey water says Opn. Do I need to take it in to get those fixed? Is it important to?

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    LHJ31 said:
    1. The water seems to come through the faucet whether the pump toggle is on (toward the green light) or off. Which position should it be in most of the time? (at rest)
    The Basics:
    a]  When on City Water the SeeLevel Panel Pump should be off.
        City water source will provide water pressure.  Do use a 50 PSI regulator on the city water hose so your trailer pipes do not get damaged.

b]  When not connected to City Water, turn-on pump (LED on) when you wish to use water.
        It is good practice to turn pump off when water is not needed.
    LHJ31 said:
    2. The Fresh water display never goes over 75%, and I'm not sure it ever gets to zero (Just disinfecting the tank right now). And the Grey water says Opn. Do I need to take it in to get those fixed? Is it important to?
    My yr-2018 320S has a SeeLevel 709-P3 monitor panel.  Your panel description sounds about the same.  The 709-P3 troubleshooting section of the manual says "OPn" means open circuit has been detected.
    If you are a fair DIY person consider doing some troubleshooting.
    Full 709-P3 manual is available on-line
    https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/709-P3-Manual_v3.7.pdf 

For the Fresh tank being at 75%.  Could be tank really is only 3/4 full. Could be a calibration issue with the sensor/panel (see manual) or it might just be having an odd day.  Both my Fresh and Black tank sensors sometimes stick on one reading when filling/draining fast then after some normal usage they start reading a realistic value. { overall have found SeeLevel monitor to be very good }
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Curious - what year TaB you have and why no hot water?  Do you have the Alde?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    LHJ31LHJ31 Member Posts: 4
    Sharon_is_SAM, the owners did not want hot water or the Alde system. They wanted a very basic setup. It's an early 2016.
  • Options
    Sorry I'm not real sure how to respond to an individual person on this format. Thank you, MuttonChops. I discovered one problem was that I had no idea there was an on/off valve under the trailer on the passenger side that I presume is a way to directly drain the fresh water tank. So was water was going in, it was also flowing out. That said, it got up to 88% before I noticed that. I then closed it. Now it reads 75% when the fresh water input receptacle is overflowing. 

Also, is it normal for the sink to drain very, very slowly? 

Thank you for the rest of the information as well. Is it difficult to do what the owner's manual says to do on the error message?
    Thank you, Lissa

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAM, it is an early 2016 (not sure if made in late 2015 or not). The owners did not want the Alde system, nor did they want hot water. They did not intend to ever use the sink—and didn't. They wanted a very stripped trailer. 
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    LHJ31 said:
    . . . is it normal for the sink to drain very, very slowly? 

. . . Is it difficult to do what the {SeeLevel} owner's manual says to do on the error message?

Sinks do have a small diameter drain, can't say what is normal compared to very slowly draining.

Unless the original owner changed things the sink will have a standard house style ' P-Trap '.  It is easy to remove and clean out the trap on the chance it is clogged.

How Difficult a DIY task is depends on your present skill level and how comfortable you are with - - that's not what I expected situations - - once you start taking things apart.  Sometimes a second person helps, even if their skill level is no better than yours, two sets of eyes, two brains, and four hands.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @LHJ31
    “Sorry I'm not real sure how to respond to an individual person on this format.“  Just put a “@“ directly in front of the member to whom you are responding.  If they selected to be notified, they will receive a notification that they have been mentioned.

The SeeLevel can be inaccurate.  I (and many others) have learned to work around the aberrant messages.  For instance, we know the fresh water tank will start sucking air when it reads under 25% and out gray tank is almost full at 85%.  

Now that you found the fresh water drain, I would empty and fill again and see if you don’t get a better reading.  If you have a short in the gray water wiring, best to fix that.  You will probably need to remove the indicator panel from the wall to start hunting down the short.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio