Awning Track Fit Issue

Greetings,

I have a 2010 T@B TQ. I have the side tent made by Thermarest which works great, even if it is kind of a bear to set up. I also have an awning made by National Tent & Awning, who seem to no longer be in business. The rubber "zipper" portion of the awning must be a tiny bit smaller than the same portion of the Thermarest tent, as the tent track goes in and stays in, and yet the awning track goes in but comes out of the track somewhat easily, and won't stay in well enough for me to trust it would work, and for sure not with a little wind. This seems so odd to me, as the people who had it before said they used it, and the instructions say it is for a T@B. I think I could possibly pinch the metal track on the trailer ever so slightly shut and still have both work, but I want to consider this carefully before I do anything. I'm guessing the track is aluminum, which means it's somewhat brittle so this is likely a dicey prospect, but the amount of movement I would need would be minimal. I don't really want to pull off the zipper and put a new one on, but I suppose I could do that, or maybe there's a tent repair place I could take it to and have them replace the zipper for $50 or something?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter.
2010 T16-Q & 2013 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD.

Comments