Options

Electric Jack

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
Is anyone using an electric tongue jack?? If so, what do you like or not like about it? Are you able to attach the dolly wheel or do you have to use the foot? I am looking at one that has a removable foot.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    jkjenn, I have a tongue jack that I can't use because of the box that I have is in the way. If you are interested, I can bring it to TearStock. we'll be on site 1106. The bolt pattern is the same and a foot should fit on it. I can install it for you if you would like, also.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    edited May 2015
    I had an electric tongue jack, but it kept blowing fuses.  I gave up on it and reinstalled the original jack.  If I were to do it over again, I'd make sure I invested in a better model.  You can use a wheel, just make sure to check the height of the post under the jack and keep it to a minimum or be prepared to cut it.  You might have trouble getting the wheel on and off and/or have issues with bottoming out. 
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jkjenn, I have a tongue jack that I can't use because of the box that I have is in the way. If you are interested, I can bring it to TearStock. we'll be on site 1106. The bolt pattern is the same and a foot should fit on it. I can install it for you if you would like, also.
    Thanks, very tempting, but I have decided to my spare tire on the tongue and mount to the jack using u bolts. Instead, picked up a new drill to use with stabilizer jacks. That is usually more work, anyway.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014