Options

Hot water while boon-docking

Hello Everyone. Please forgive me if this is a silly question. On our first boon-docking trip with our T@B 320. We were told hot water wan’t available unless on shore power but I am reading on other sites that is available on LP. I have it set to LP on the controls and mid range for water but we are not getting any hot water. Then manual assumes you have had a good orientation but our was a bit rushed.I appreciate any advice.
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    What year is your trailer?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    First, are your valves in camping season mode?  Did you fill the Alde water tank?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Thank you for responding. They are in the correct positions. Our Alde manual just says to fill the heater so we thought it would fill when we we filled the clean water tank. There are not other instructions on how to fill it. 
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    It is a 2020 with the Alda system.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    @j@ydub;  two ways to " fill Alde " hot water tank.

If connected to City Water run sink hot water until you have a smooth flow of water (it will be cold).  If the water flow is smooth with no air blasts then the Alde tank has filled.

If using the Fresh Water Tank, turn-on pump.  You will most likely hear the water flowing into the Alde tank.  The pump will run for a long time to reach pressure.  Short water tap open/close cycles might help pump to reach pressure.  Next you need to bleed air out of cold and hot lines.  I do cold first. Run sink (cycle open a bit then close) until air bursts stop.  Good water flow might have some pump pulsing but no air blasts.  Then do the same for the hot.

Once you have good flow consider topping off the fresh tank again as the Adle tank uses ~ 2 gallons and bleeding the lines uses more.  Might wish to also drain Gray Water into bucket for disposal.

Using City Water is the easiest & fast method.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    So once your hot water tap flows without sputtering, the Alde water tank is full.  Then, I would hit “boost” (turn the shower icon all the way up, and your water will heat faster.  Let us know if this works for you.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice. I think I have made some progress. It is so helpful to hear from fellow T@bbers!
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa