No battery cutoff?

Another question re our new to us 2016 320 CSS. Should there be a battery cutoff switch? Nothing visible under the storage cover. Was this an option, or am I missing something?? Thanks much

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @AaronC, I think battery cutoff switches became standard with the 2017 model. I have one of the first and my trailer came with one installed. It is in the front tub about 6 inches from the battery. If you cannot find one it may never have had one. Some owners installed their own, and I  have seen them mounted under the driver's side bench near the trailer converter. Some are outside of the bench and some inside. Depends on where the previous owner/s felt like mounting it, if they installed one. You may have a trailer that just needs an upgrade/modification. Good luck with this.  Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    You can buy a water proof cutoff switch at Tractor/RV Supply sources, that can be mounted to a metal bracket (vs flush bulkhead mounting of maritime  switches) to allow mounting the switch in the tub/frame.  They are all metal construction too, with a spring like feel when switched on, so you can feel when off or on.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    As an alternative, you can just pull the fuse at the battery.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • COHiker06COHiker06 Member Posts: 25
    12v battery selector switch, single or dual if you plan to expand to 2 batteries for boondocking, are about $25-30 and takes less than an hour to install. One common lug and an out to each battery. Some heat shrink, crimp terminal ends, and premade battery cable was all I needed. Auto parts, marine, RV, and most hardware stores carry them.
    2018 T@B400
    2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
    and two furry bed hogs
    Colorado