Took Delivery June 19th & Maiden Voyage of T@B 320 S Boondock

amandakenamandaken Member Posts: 2
Hello to the group.  We just took delivery on the 19th of a 2021 T@B 320 S Boondock from Windish RV in Colorado, and went out for a 1 night maiden voyage.  The trailer is just right for the 2 of us, we can tow it with our Jeep, and we have quickly learned how to maximize the spaces for storage and ourselves.  Everything worked as expected with one exception, which we noted prior to taking delivery at the dealership.

The only warranty issue we have (so far) is the glass top on the stove.  Ours came with the top (others have reported they are not shipping stoves with glass tops anymore!) but one of the brackets is wedged so it doesn't stay up on its own.  The dealership is working with nuCamp on the issue so we will post how it gets resolved.  We purchased a cutting board with rubber corners to go over the sink to give us additional prep space as well.  Just got that today so if it works out, I'll post a picture.

Thanks to the forum, we found out how to adjust the mixing valve on the hot/cold water (not as straightforward as you would think) and got the hot water working.  The heat works as well although we had not intended to turn it on!

We have 2 questions for anyone out there with the 2021 Boondock model:

1) What size spare did you get?  We have the 15" Boondock tires but the spare is 14".  Is that expected?  It took us by surprise but the dealership says that is the tire that came with the unit.

2) When you make the bed, where do you stow the table.  The way the bed supports pull out does not allow the table to slide in anywhere underneath (we tried just about every angle).  We got it to fit leaning, but it pushed on the bed support leg which we didn't think was good, so the tabletop spent the night in the shower.  If anyone has solved this, let us know!

We are going out the next two weekends for longer trips and are both very excited to have our little home on the road.

It is great to be joining the T@B family!

Amanda & Ken

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited June 2020
     Congrats! I just brought home a 2021 Boondock on Friday, too.

The standard spare is 14', but a full- sized 15" spare is an available upgrade option along with the front platform mount. 

I slept in the full bed the first night I was in the T@b and found a way to fit it under the table. I think the key is to remove the table from the leg.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @amandaken, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer. Adventures await. Enjoy the entire experience.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • amandakenamandaken Member Posts: 2
    @jkjenn - Thanks for the info.  We bought an available unit off the lot so didn't have the option of upgrading the spare when we ordered.  As for the table, we did have the leg off so I'll try again when we set up for out next outing.  It was getting late so putting the table in the shower, after several no-joy attempts, was the expedient option.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @amandaken, you should contact your dealer and see if they will switch out the spare for a 15" Boondock tire in exchange for you paying the cost difference.  Maybe they will cut you a break and give you a discount.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• sptuckersptucker Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2020
    Amanda and Ken,  I also bought my 320S Boondock from Windish (in Longmont) a couple weeks ago.  Mine came with the 15" spare and front mount, but the spare was slung underneath at delivery.  Trust me, mounting the 15 underneath is a bad idea (in my limited experience), so definitely get the front mount if and when you get your 15" spare.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock  |  2019 BMW X3 M40i