Options

Do you need a 4” sewer hose with a T@B with a cassette toilet?

SystemSystem Posts: 180

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Welcome.  You will continue to find more and more that you will like about the new T@B. And yes, the T@B’s are “cute”😂

The thought of only having to use a black hose instead of a sewer hose is intriguing. While you can easily buy the connection for the T@B, I would have to do some browsing on Amazon to find the proper connections for the campground’s sewer connection, whether at the campsite or the sewer dump. Nevertheless, great insight!

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Found it $8.89, on Amazon, but it’s probably available elsewhere. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    edited July 2020
    OK, @Verna - how about 2 of these caps and a pipe adapter?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    We have the cassette toilet.  So far we only have the adapter cap and a dedicated graywater hose (colored gray) to drain the graywater tank.  But, after our first camping trip last weekend, I'm looking at getting a regular sewer hose to drain the tank faster when we're at a busy campground dump station. I hate having to store that, so I'll probably get 2 adapter caps and a connection for the sewer cleanout for use at sites that have individual sewer hookups.  
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    With a direct drain from my sink, I found that a standard water hose drained waaaaay to slow. That's why I adapted a standard sewer hose to hook up to my "hose" grey water drain connection.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    edited July 2020
    I found using a "sump pump" drain hose was an easy compromise that allowed good drain flow without the bulk of a 4" black water hose.  One end is the 3/4 inch hose connection for the trailer and the other end can be adapted to various campsite drain openings. (Shown with a 4" screw in cap.)  It does require some creative adapting of various plumbing fittings.

• Options
    schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    @rfuss928  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to try something like this!

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander