Options

Newbie bought 2021 T@b 320S Boondock

mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
Looking for a way to safely travel during this panademic, we did some research and bought the Boondock. Never had even towed anything behind a vehicle our entire lives. Have camped and backpacked, but never owned a camper. Wanted to meet our son’s family incl 3 grandkids for long-planned Gulf Coast beach vacation, so we made the plunge. Loved the quality of the nuCamp products and the positive reviews. Drove it a few hundred miles visiting local family, slept a few nights in driveways, read this forum and soaked up as much info as I could on the operations and the systems of the trailer. Can’t begin to express how much help this forum has been. At times, felt like we were drinking out of a fire hose. Anyway, drove 2,400 miles round trip and had a great time at the beach. Stayed at campgrounds one night down and one night back. Plan on more camping, and hopefully some music festivals when things open back up. Successful start to our Tab journey !

Issues so far, the stove lid that won’t stay open ( well documented already ) and water leaking from the water pump. When adjusting the water temp on the Alde, noticed leak coming from the connectors to the water pump. I hand tightened and leak stopped. Added water to fresh water tank, used water during our break in period, no problems. However, found small puddle of water on floor underneath Lagun table on way home from the beach (water pump was turned on when we used toilet at rest stops). When we got home discovered connectors to water pump were loose again. Had already drained all the water out. Tomorrow will add water and test out again. Hope to find the problem. We live 90 minutes from the nuCamp factory, so will bundle our warranty issues and drop it there for a few days (and get some broasted chicken at Der Dutchman too )

thinking about buying the Walker tent. Made the first modificatio ... got into my wood shop and added removal storage bins for the two small cabinets above the sink. Holds our silverware and paring knives and odds and ends. Not much space up there, but this helps keeps the are organized. Will post pics after I apply stain or paint
2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Welcome @mrdeepfryguy! Always glad to read about another couple enjoying 'the lifestyle'. Looking forward to seeing your mod...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats! I can't wait to see the bins you made!

I havent tested my freshwater tank, yet, and I need to do that. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Good choice on camper! As newbies also we've been trying to put all the little & big nooks and bins to best use. Will be interested in your mod. We had no stove cover but it soon came, I put it on and was concerned about the issues I'd heard but it seems to work fine. It's nice you live close to the factory for these things. You'll learn lots from the experience of this group!
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2020
    Well done!  Is that poplar you used?

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Yes, 1/4 inch from Lowe’s
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Brilliant idea.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    MisssubaruMisssubaru Member Posts: 5
    Just took out my new 2021 320S Boondock this past weekend with my sister. Things were fine until we woke up in the middle of the night to find water on the floor... AC leak? So in the AM pulled the stabilizer legs up and adjusted the jack up higher on the tongue. No more water issues... so anyone else having this issue? Day 2. My sister flushed the cassette toilet, water (I hope) is now coming out of under the drivers side just before the bed! You can see it coming out. I checked to see if the cassette toilet on the side opening moved some how or not in place... looked good. Anyone having this issue? Calling the cassette toilet per the warranty in the book to ask them. Plus going to call service about the AC issue. Very unhappy maiden voyage 
  • Options
    @Misssubaru So far my leak came from the water pump area, water pooled under the lagun table at front of dinette. Water pump is to the right of the Alde system (turn the pump on and it should vibrate) . The black plastic connectors ( both input and output lines) were loose So I hand tightened. A/C and toilet have not leaked 🤞🏼so far 
  • Options
    GC3GC3 Member Posts: 20
    Is this typical Nucamp fit and finish?
  • Options
    there are a lot of changes in components in the 2021 320S model year. It appears most recent buyers of this model have had some sort of problem ( stove lid interference, bathroom door hitting ceiling, A/C issues or some kind of leaks. Some problems have been first time owner operating errors, some are clearly nuCamp fit and finish issues, while some are related to dealer prep and orientation (or lack of). Overall we are happy with our purchase and  NuCamp has been good to deal with and very responsive to my email questions...but I do struggle a little with some of this. Longer term owners can weigh in here...is this typical for nuCamp new model changeovers ?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    GC3 said:
    Is this typical Nucamp fit and finish?
    Water connections can work their way loose during transit.

there are a lot of changes in components in the 2021 320S model year. It appears most recent buyers of this model have had some sort of problem ( stove lid interference, bathroom door hitting ceiling, A/C issues or some kind of leaks. Some problems have been first time owner operating errors, some are clearly nuCamp fit and finish issues, while some are related to dealer prep and orientation (or lack of). Overall we are happy with our purchase and  NuCamp has been good to deal with and very responsive to my email questions...but I do struggle a little with some of this. Longer term owners can weigh in here...is this typical for nuCamp new model changeovers ?
    Almost any new RV will have a couple of small issues. They are more like a house in that regard, than a car. My friend has a brand new Airstream and she will be taking it in for a couple of small issues. Many people who are FT RVers will buy used to avoid dealing with those first-year fixes. 

My 2021 T@b 320 Boondock has been pretty much problem-free. They were unable to obtain the glass tops for the stoves, due to Covid, when mine was built and I have since received it and have not had a problem.

Nucamp seems to implement more model changes and upgrades than other RV makers, primarily because they are so responsive to customer feedback.

As far as fit and finish, take a good luck at what else is out there, only a couple of brands come close. If the fit and finish was poor, yoy would not expect the trailer to hold up over time and these most certainly do.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    GC3GC3 Member Posts: 20
    My first RV was one of the original Winnebago Revels, and I moved into it full-time when I bought it. Learned first hand about the RV industry and newbie behavior. Trailer has fewer systems, and I'm glad I can come here to learn what to watch for.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Also, nuCamp does pressure checks all the plumbing systems at the factory, to the connections hold a specific air pressure for the test time hen it leaves the factory.  Dealers should recheck everything when the get a unit, and set it up for the customer.  Here is where the difference between dealers is, seems many are not doing a good job of double  checking everything or adding but in a less than satisfactory way.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.