Refrigerator Remote Temp Monitoring

Any experience with remote refrigerator temp monitoring via a bluetooth device like this:

Inkbird IBS-TH1 PLUS Wireless Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity Monitor Thermometer and Hygrometer 

A device like this would take the guess work and frequent opening the refrigerator to check the temps while towing and camping.   If the temps are rising for any reason, you could know before it's too late.
2019 T@B 320S

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited July 2020
    We used this and it works well.  We monitored our ARB frig temp and the galley temp.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2020
    I've only had this for one trip so far but it worked great.  The app allows you to view graphed temperature history and set alarms when the temp goes out of a set range.

2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
    Chili, NY
  • grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 115
    I ordered the Govee since it has alert via bluetooth which will give us an alarm when towing if the temp goes up too high.  Can't wait to get on the road again and try it out. 

The Inkbird one I found does not have the alart and users complained about the app that it uses.

Thanks for you input.  
    2019 T@B 320S
    Actually I ordered two Govee monitors,  

this one:   See the source image  and See the source image.

They don't cost much and the app works fine and the temp alarms work great.   Using them in my home freezer and refrigerator to test them out.  Haven't tested max range of the Bluetooth but both work in home and can receive about 125' between two rooms.

I plan to use the non display one in the freezer section and the other in the refrigerator section in the T@b 320.
    2019 T@B 320S
    These things work great.  Phone app allows setting of upper and lower alarms which pop up on your phone when temp exceeds settings.
    2019 T@B 320S
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    We used this and it works well.  We monitored our ARB frig temp and the galley temp.  

Yup, that's what we use. Easy to read almost everywhere in the camper and no app needed. 
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    edited October 2020
    Ends up being an expensive gadget (in a good way)! Monitoring 3-way refrigerator temperatures via bluetooth with sensor inside clearly showed that for most of our camping "season", propane heat-based refrigeration is a dangerous match with our SW climate. Changing out 3-way for efficient AC/DC unit will be around $2K. We have data to support not selling boondock 3-way units for hot, dry climate during months with long daylength. Also have data showing the power "handoff" from AC to DC is decent. Handoff from DC to propane in hot weather is not good at all. Ours is Inkbird and it works well. No funny stuff as suggested in a few reviews. Probable battery replacement in sensor/monitor unit will be 6 months.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM