Options

Only hot water?

I've got a 2018 Tab400, and used it all last year with no issues.  This year I de-winterized just like last year, but on my first use this year I was only getting hot water (both faucets and the toilet - didn't test the shower heads) - no cold.  I turned the temperature adj. knob down all the way, but that didn't solve anything.  Eventually I just bypassed the Aldi system.  I'm at a loss, and have been in contact with nuCamp, but they don't have any ideas either.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    edited July 2020
    Is it possible your mixing valve needs replacement?  Or, is there a separate valve for the cold water leading to the mixing valve that may be turned off?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Another thought, if the Alde bypass valve is stuck open, then hot water will be able to flow into the cold water plumbing.  Try turning on the Alde with the Bypass on and see if you still only get hot water.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    During trailer delivery at dealer my T@B also had hot water from both taps.  Problem was with Alde winter/summer valve setting.  There can be more then just the hot-cold bypass valve that must be in the correct position.

My guess is this year's de-winterize process missed a valve setting.

My 2018 T@B 320S System:
      + Low Point Drain Off/Closed (one hot, one cold)
      + Hot-Cold Bypass Off/Closed (blue pipe on one side, red pipe on other side)
      + Pressure Relief Off/Closed (yellow handle in down position)
      + All Other Valves On/Open . . . mine has two of these one red/one blue

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    JonJon Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to say thanks @Sharon_is_SAM and @MuttonChops!  Not sure what I missed the first time, but went thru a mental checklist for de-winterizing, turning valves open & shut, etc. - and now everything's working.  Still weird, but hoping whatever it was that it's good now.
  • Options
    Good to know!