Options

Alde removal

My wife and I love our T@B, but the Alde system takes up a ton of potential storage space.  A small space heater gives us more than enough heating, and I keep thinking an on demand water heater would do well for us too.  Does anyone have any experience with removing the Alde system and using 
2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Man, that sounds like a chore with all the tubing and such - In addition to destroying tha value of your T@B. The Alde was one thing that sold me on the T@B. If you need more storage, a roof rack or something would be easier and less costly.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited June 2015
    PXLated said:
    Man, that sounds like a chore with all the tubing and such - In addition to destroying tha value of your T@B. The Alde was one thing that sold me on the T@B. If you need more storage, a roof rack or something would be easier and less costly.
    Truthfully, you would be better off selling and getting one without the Alde. Those Alden units are not cheap.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    You would almost have to say that the Alde is a major core organ of a T@B. I agree. Sell it and go with something not intertwined with an Alde.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If that works for you go ahead and rip it out. I would not big loss ,for little gain.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I have toyed with the idea of getting rid of the propane heater for much the same reason, but it can easily be reinstalled if we ever decide to sell.

The Alde system is a whole different beast.  You could do it, but it would be a lot of work for little gain.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    geromogeromo Member Posts: 33
    We took our propane  furnace out and just use the heat pump. lots of storage space and i did not like sleeping with the heater 12 inches under my head. Very easy to do and put back in if re-sold (2011 T@b).
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    After spending the winter in Arizona in a teardrop with no furnace, I sure wouldn't get rid of a perfectly functioning Alde.  Thank goodness for 0* sleeping bags when I didn't have an electric site. Personal opinion--your's may vary.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    If you do get rid of the Alde, I would recommend adding an InSinkerator Instant Hot Water. I added one to my sink and LOVE it. It does rely on electric though, so if you camp off the grid, won't be as handy.  Also, when camping on electric, remember to not plug it in until after you are hooked to water.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I split this discussion because it turned into a very useful conversation about condensation in the T@B.  For that topic go HERE.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA