Options

Help with black water tank

RachRach Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this adventure, I just bought a T@B clamshell 2014, YaY! I have a question if anyone can help me with this.
Im camping, boon-docking for the weekend and I have no idea how big is the black water tank and how many days this will last until is full.? I’m concerned not to know when is full and have a big problem.
Thank you so much .

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Rach, I  believe that the black tank in your 2014 is listed as 5 gallons. Never have been sure if that means total or useable. How fast it fills depends on how many people are using it and how frequently. When we traveled as a family of 4, especially when the boys were young, our black tank, listed as an 8 gallon, required emptying every 3rd day of use. My DH and me can get an entire week of use. If solo, even longer. Only time and observation will allow you to gauge how long and how much for your personal circumstances.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,505
    I think I remember 6 gallons.  Without a tank sensor, all you need to do is open the flush valve and see how much room you have to the top.  How long it lasts depends on how many people use it and how you manage to conserve water.  I think I remember someone saying they could make it stretch to 12 days if only they used it and used other facilities during the day.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @dragonsdofly Thank you so much , I’m going to have to learn a lot about everything in my new T@B but I’m so happy to learn .
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM Thank you , is a great observation and I’m going to have to learn more about my tank on every trip we made .  I’m Happy to be part of this :)