Options

2021 320S Boondock

I want to get a generator and was looking at the Honda 2200i because it is lightweight. Do you think this will power my a/c?

Comments

• Options
    GC3GC3 Member Posts: 20
    Until you run out of gas
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    edited August 2020
    Depends on your A/C, but yes for most.

Two things to consider...you’ll get a max of 8 hours use per gallon of gas (possibly less) and many campgrounds do not allow the use of generators during certain hours (most ban them overnight). For some places, you can use them most of the day; for others, you may be limited to a window of just a couple hours. Also, note that in the West, generators are frequently not allowed at all during wildfire season.

If you truly *need* A/C, you are always best off getting a campsite with electric hookups.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    TNFlyrodderTNFlyrodder Member Posts: 4
    Yes, the Honda 2200 will power your AC. I have a 2021 320S Boondock and a Honda 2000 and it runs the AC just fine. My generator is 15 years old. Needed a new carb this year. They last a long time and give great service. I would highly recommend you consider getting the 2200. We were camping this weekend, three days in the shade, and the solar panel kept the battery charged. Didn't use AC, just the Fantastic Fan, so we didn't use the generator. We are loving the Boondock!