Options

T@B 400 Seating Area

Hi:
This is our first posting.  
We purchased the T@B400 the year it came out.  
While my husband loved the sleek look of the original table, I hated trying to move it out of the way so we could play music together.  
After watching a Delany video we realized the sofa back could be modified.  
From there it was easier to convince him to let me modify the seating and table.  
A quick trip to the Home Store for a cushion and decorator pillows and a few leftover hardwood slats from a floor redo, a round 24" table and voila! 
It still can work for a child to sleep by moving the seat cushions around and the outlets are still accessible below the slats.

Comments

• Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    I think the table is my least favorite thing in the Tab400. I love the mods that some people have done that allow that part that sticks out to become a drop-leaf table. Your solution works, too. It would be so nice to have a proper couch configuration without that leftover piece of table sticking out! 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    Yes the extra bit sticking out can be bothersome.  The new 2021 table is much lighter than the original plywood table, and is easy to move up/ down or take out all the way.  I ordered one and replaced the heavy original ply table.  He new table is so much lighter and easy to deal with.  I like your bench idea replacing the table.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    @Jody_George nice job. Like the material. I did the dropleaf mod, and am really happy with it. I had problems latchig the table until i realised you tilt it up to latch it, then lower to the floor to tighten it up. It wobt latch if its level.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, I discovered that also.  The new light weight table makes lifting it up much easier.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.