Options

The frogs are chirping, the sun is setting slowly through a bank of trees...

XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
..."Kill Bill" is on the Roku, and I'm chilling in the T@b... ...in the driveway. LOL

I'm continuing my testing of features before we go back to a campsite. Tonight's test was using a Roku and a wifi connection to watch movies, etc. On the TV.

Mission accomplished.

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156

Give us some more detail on the Roku and wifi connection to watch movies

PS - I think most of us did our first camping in our driveways :)

June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I'm envious of those who have a "driveway."  I live in a condo and the HOA does not allow trailers.  So, my maiden voyage NEXT WEEKEND will be at a state park only 12 miles away.  I'll spend the entire first day getting my T@B de-winterized and trying out all the systems.  I want to try out my Wyngaard antenna, too.  Supposedly, it will pull in TV channels within a 20 mile radius.  You betcha' I'll report back on how it works!!!  Happy Camping!!! 

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    I look forward to the Wineguard update.

The Roku is a device, like Apple TV, which let's you stream movies and video from the Internet through either a hardwired connection, or via wifi.

I could pick up my house wifi signal from outside (although I was pushing the limit there)m and as we have Amazon Prime... voila!

This way, any site that has free (or available) wifi will now mean movies.

I do wish the TV could be moved to where Neil keeps his at times... closer to the "front" of the cabin. The upper right makes it tough for watching while reclining against the back seat (for both occupants). The solution is to open the bed, and use the wall cushions as back/headrests... but if that type of viewing makes you sleepy, good luck finishing a film. :D
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    I wanted to revisit this thread. Serious question... am I the only one who routinely goes outside to chill out in their T@b? We obviously love camping in it... ...but I draw great serenity from just being in there. A cool beveridge, maybe some music playing... ...the sounds of nature coming through the windows... I love it.

I understand why it would seem funny, to some... to me, though... it's like having a treehouse when you were a kid. It's different, it's cool... LOL. What can I say.
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I have done the same thing, sometimes just to relax, maybe to take a nap, or at other times to set up a home office of sorts.   Believe it or not, I seem to get a lot of work done there.   Maybe it's the change of environment, or perhaps something about the aura of the T@B.   At any rate, I agree it is a comfortable space.    I'm almost hoping for some rain while camping in the T@B this summer so we can enjoy the coziness!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    We used to have a 15-ft ECO trailer and I spent many hours enjoying time on my own in there in the driveway. I will be doing the same thing in the T@B, I'm sure. I can hardly wait! It's at the dealer now, but we can't pick it up until Monday.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hummm.....I thought you were supposed to sit and reflect and play in your "mobile treehouse".......yeah, it's calming to sit in the SS, just as much as it for you guys to sit in your T@B's
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Xpadrex -- "I would if I could."  However, I have to keep my T@B at a storage lot, as I presume a lot of us have to do, because of HOA restrictions.  I dream of it, though.   ;;)
  • Options
    I've heard of these "HOA restrictions," but I confess I've never seen them in the wild. Then again, there's my 45 mile commute. Shorter than that, and I suspect I'd have intimate knowledge of such matters.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Picking up my T@b on Saturday and plan on doing some driveway camping and working out of bugs, myself to get ready for  my vacation (if work doesn't force me to cancel to go to the other side of the world.)

I missed this thread earlier and suspected that WiFi at campgrounds would be somewhat on par with hotels.  But, I think hotels have actually been improving. This year, I want to test connectivity. I would really like tombs able to work from my T@b so I can spend extended time out west. Sounds like it is still a challenge. I know a data plan is unrealistic, due to the amount of data I have to move for work.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options

I am looking at Mobile Hot Spot plans available to be able to connect remotely, and I've learned that the data is a big deal. Bummer.

I love to hang out in my T@B when camping.  It's weird. I want to keep going in and out of T@B -- want to be outside but want to be inside to hang out.  Okay, so this will pass.  Right?

:x
  • Options
    Jenn -- I'm so happy for you, picking up your T@B.  I remember that feeling.  You GO girl!!  You will have great adventures, and I hope to meet you some day.  HAPPY CAMPIING and congrats! =D>
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I have to wait MONTHS to get my T@B still. I don't think it is even a gleam in the factory's eye yet. Happy for you but very sad for me. Have some extra fun for me jkjenn. We will quiz you upon your return. Happy T@bbing! 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Judy...our dealer just started selling Ecos...why did you shift tot the T@B?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    My husband and I were planning to move from our rural paradise to the city to be closer to our kids, so we started downsizing like mad. One of the first things to go was the trailer. Then after a couple of months we reallized we weren't quite ready to make such a drastic change. So...we started looking for another trailer. We wanted just what we needed and no more and the T@B filled the bill. We already had a vintage teardrop (which we have now given to our son), but as we are getting older we really wanted both an inside kitchen and a bath. The ECO was a delightful little trailer, though. We just wanted to go a little smaller.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.