Options

Sewer hose storage on 2021 Tab 400

I have a question for anyone who has a 2021 Tab 400.  In my 2018 Tab 400 there is a dedicated place to store the sewer hose, but I don't see anything in the picture I have found online.  Did they take that away?  And if so, where do you put it?  Thanks in advance!
2018 TaB400, F150 (for now), Austin, Texas

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @awandler
    Yes, they did take away the sewer hose storage on the 2021 models.
    I'm currently carrying it in a bin on the new-for-2021 front tub platform, but am really wanting to find a better, less conspicuous place for it.
    I'll probably eventually add some 4" PVC tubes somewhere to carry it, but haven't really figured out the best place yet.
    I'm using the RhinoExtreme hose, and find it VERY difficult to compress back down or coil-up in a storage tote. Not really happy with that solution - I think the less expensive RhinoFlex hose is probably a better (easier) product.

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    awandlerawandler Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Chris, what a bummer.  That storage was really handy!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I agree, the heavier hose although very durable is difficult to compress. The slinky style rhino hose is better adapted for smaller storage areas. Is there anyway to adapt a similar storage tube to the newer 400’s? I love the Internal tube on my 400 and would be at a loss not having it as it’s convenient and makes that job much easier.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    Try compressing the sewer hose by leaving one end cap off.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We carry ours in a black tube that runs along the drivers side of the tongue frame. So far so good! We have found it easy to access and it fits all the components of our rhino hose. 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    @xdr
    Would you be willing to share what pipe you bought and how you attached it? Would love to see a photo if possible. I think this is exactly what I want to do as well.
    Thanks!

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    awandlerawandler Member Posts: 20
    I would love to see a picture as well.  Chris we are seriously considering the 2021 400 Boondock.  Do you have the solo or the regular one?
  • Options
    @awandler
    I have the standard boondock with the small 2-way fridge and wardrobe closet. And absolutely love it. Have slept in in 15 days since picking it up in June. It really has been a delight to use. And the 'small' fridge holds a ton more than you'd expect - which is actually a theme that repeats itself with most aspects of the 400 (except for the sewer hose storage! lol).
  • Options
    We bought the Valterra adjustable hose carrier and also the Valterra hose cap. It comes with a cap for both ends but they aren’t super secure so we took one end off and replaced it with the more secure locking cap. 
    It is clean and tidy and fits the hose and elbow. 
    Ours was purchased through Amazon but they’ve jacked the price up to $130!!
     Here’s a link for camping world:

• Options
    @xdr
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    @xdr
    One last question - what size clamps did you need? Looking to get parts together!
    Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    I don’t remember the size of hose clamp we used- sorry! It was the largest we could find at Lowe’s. I put a piece of heavy webbing strap under the clamp between the clamp and frame as well. It was tight to get the hose clamp on. As a backup there are also 3 heavy duty zip ties as well. 
    I can go out and measure it in a bit. 
    mer
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay. The clamps are 23.5” but if you could find 24-24.5” clamps it would make the job much easier. 
    Hope that helps. 
    mer 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @xdr
    Thank you so much.
    I had estimated 24" but was really not confident in my measurement. I think I might just start off with some heavy duty zip ties and see how that works.
    Finding stainless steel bands that large will take some searching.

EDIT:
    I did find these stainless 24" clamps - not cheap, but not terribly priced.
    https://www.ducting.com/clamp-hs?quantity=1&custcol_id_sizes=23&custcol16=1
  • Options
    We just used long zip ties and screws in the top brackets.  Has held up well.
  • Options
    LammyWinnLammyWinn Member Posts: 26
    We have sway bars so the tongue storage area doesn’t work :(
    There’s gotta be a better more sanitary place to store the sewer hose. It feels the 2021 Tab400 quality has gone down SIGNIFICANTLY comparing our nuCamp with older ones we’ve came across on it’s maiden voyage. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The 2021 TaB 400 front storage tongue box has a dedicated space for the sewer hose, comp,tee with drain holes.  Just rinse off your hose after using it, I run fresh water down inside before removing from dump connection and rise off the outside, drain out excess rinse water, cap one end, compress the hose and cap the second end, then put it in the forward hose compartment in the tongue box.

Here is a shot of the box inside, red arrow shows hose space, occupied by the tongue jockey wheel in this shot:

You can see one of the drain holes above the wheel.

Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Yep,  we carry ours just like denny16 shows in the picture.  We can fit two 10' lengths in that space and they fit very well.  We carry our sewer hoses and fittings, a 5 gallon bucket with all our water hoses and other water connections, along with a bag of lynx levelers, level, dolly wheel and other odds and ends.  It's amazing what you can fit in there.  Basically everything we need for hookup/setup.  But we keep our electrical stuff (30 amp cord, surge protector, 50am to 30 amp and 20 amp to 30 amp adapters) and tool bag under the short side dinette seat just inside the door. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    crewsinncrewsinn Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what type of strapping you used to hold Valterra tube to the tongue?  It really looks great the way you set it up.  Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    There was a link provided above to some clamps: https://www.ducting.com/clamp-hs?quantity=1&custcol_id_sizes=23&custcol16=1

I think I'm going to go the route of black zip ties like @Sharon_is_SAM used. 

What side is everyone putting theirs on?  I was thinking the passenger side might actually make more sense since the slinky will be coming out in the right "direction" to pull towards the tank valves. 
  • Options
    We used the passenger side because our RF brake controller is mounted on the driver side.  It works fine by reaching over and unscrewing the cap and removing the hose.  Just drag it under the frame.