Options

TAB 400 2021 Fantastic Fan Vent Cover

I am installing a new Fan-Tastic Vent U1500 Ultra Breeze Vent Cover on a TAB 400 2021. As you can see in the photo, the Dicor covers the vent housing very smooth with no apparent screws. Are there two screws holding it down under the Dicor on each side? If so, I wouldn't have to drill new holes. I don't want to remove all the dicor and find no screws.

Comments

• Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44
    No screws, NuCamp just tapes them down.
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    I would just get some Dicor-type tape, and install the vent cover on top with more of the tape.  That is how my vent cover is installed, 1500 miles and two years later it is still up there.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
    I had no idea Dicor had a "Tape" as well.  Did you tape it and then use regular Dicor over the tape? Or just the tape? 
    Also, I see many types of Dicor tape on Amazon. What type did you use?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I didn’t, the previous owner or dealer who installed the vent cover did.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    RaydarRaydar Member Posts: 13
    on our 2020 T@b 400, we installed a UT 1400 white vent cover. It attached to the 4 installed little ears on the side of our vent on top.  I used a 8ft. Step ladder on the door side. With the wife holding the ladder. 8-10 minutes to install. The UT1400 cover has2 holes on each side,  and you align the cover to the holes on the little ears. 4 push pins and you are done. Has worked great all season.