Options

How to Get Bleach Mixture into Tank For Sanitizing 2021 t@b 320 Boondock!

I was all set to sanitize my water tank today only to find out my flexible funnel with a rather small spout couldn't be inserted far enough for any of the mixture to get inside the tank.
Any suggestion?
2021 320 S Boondock
Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
Des Moines, IOWA!

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    See your trailer Nautilus manual, it explains the process you need to use.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Did you receive the Nautilus instructions?  Looks like you are supposed to use your pump to siphon from a bucket.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/i2/ifvg1dabfs8z.pdf
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    Thanks Sharon.....it did not get the Nautilus instructions. Actually nor the Jensen sound system or TV, which I downloaded. Guess I'll be downloading the Nautilus manual too. Thank you for your help.

Denny16 said:
    See your trailer manual, it explains the process you need to use.
    cheers

I checked in the main manual and it really didn't cover it. Unless you mean the Nautilus manual...read above.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    We downloaded the Nautilus manuals for the 320 and 400 under the Category “User Manuals/PDF Files...” then look for “Plumbing Resources”.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    Yes, I was referring to the Nautilus part of the manual.  Didn’t realize it was a separate manual.  There also has been several discussions about doing this with the Nautilus System.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    One more question on this topic. After I siphon in like a gallon of the bleach solution, can I hook up the hose to spigot and fill the rest? Turning off the pump when disconnecting the siphon part and then turning it back on for the spigot water. I can monitor the tank level from the panel inside.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited July 2020
    *** I just realized the OP was about the 2021 with the Nautilus system. I’ll leave this for the non-Nautilus amongst us.**** 

I use a kitchen oil/grease separator similar to this one.  I run some water in.  Then the bleach, quickly followed by more water to dilute the bleach.  I find it to be a very easy way to be very careful with controlling the bleach.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @andyboy...if you go the nucamprv.com website and scroll to the bottom..click on your appropriate trailer...manuals are also there...easily downloaded for future reference and late night reading..it really appears to be a very cool system...looking forward to having hot water in aT@b says a current T@g owner...   😁
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Yes! I found it! Seems like a great system. Thanks

2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    @andyboy - yes, fill the remainder of the tank as you described.