Options

Dripping water under rear drivers side 2021 T@B400

PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
Just picked up my new T@B 400.  While I was doing my checkout I noticed water dripping from the rear drivers side of the unit(under nautilus).  I brought this to the techs attention and he told me it was caused by the warm weather and that this was normal.  Now that I've had time to think about that it, it seems odd that there would be any water dripping in a brand new unit.  Anyone else come across this issue? 
2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
Portland, OR

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    The 2021 models are new to all of us.  How about taking a picture of the under side where the water was coming from.  I know the low point drains are directly under the Nautilus and there is a hose inlet, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2020
    Might have been from filling and draining the tanks during the dealer check out? Make sure the water tank drain valve is closed all the way.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    It also may have been from the fresh tank overflow.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, that too, if the tanks ere filled up.  That would explain the “normal in hot weather” comment.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for your encouraging comments.  Today no dripping.  I will keep an eye on it in the future.
    2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
    Portland, OR
  • Options
    Boomerb77Boomerb77 Member Posts: 17
    I had similar issue this week. After sitting idle for a week I turned on water pump and flushed toilet. Later I noticed water dripping under Nautilus box.
    2021 400 BD / 2020  F-150, 3.5L EcoBoost / NE Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
    On the 2021 there is a fresh water tank overflow just behind/next to the drivers side tire.  It will spill out, not drip, when the fresh tank is full.  Under the nautilus box is the cold water and hot water drains for the alde.  Nothing should come out of the fresh water tank overflow once it is full and the overflow has stopped running out.  And nothing should come out of the alde drains unless they are open.  See which one ones dripping.  If it is the alde drains then just open up the compartment under the bed and make sure both the red line and blue line valves are closed.  Up is open, down is closed.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Boomerb77Boomerb77 Member Posts: 17
    It’s crazy but it is actually dripping from inside the Nautilus box out the hose insert hole.But box is not wet, so must be something under the box and hose insert flange to the box is the gap for exit.

2021 400 BD / 2020  F-150, 3.5L EcoBoost / NE Ohio
  • Options
    Here is a picture of behind the Nautilus box.