Tab 400 exterior hatch doors - LEAKING

Both doors on my 2020 tab 400 are leaking. I noticed the silver caulking that seals the gap between the door assembly frame and the adzel wall is only sealed on 3 sides. The bottom is not sealed. The bead is missing on both doors seemingly on purpose.. is this normal? The doors leak while driving. In rain excessively... please help!

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, the bottom seal is normally left un-caulked to allow any war we leaking in to drain out, as the door covers the rear seal.  Check for a bad gasket fit, or loose caulking along the top or sides.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Melanietab400Melanietab400 Member Posts: 10
    The caulk is intact on the other 3 sides. And I can see the impression of the door in the gasket all the way around. It’s baffling.. a lot of water got in.... the gap underneath seems like the only way that much water would get in.. I would have thought this issue would be common?
    You could try caulking the bottom of the gasket to see if it solves the issue.  That said, water normally flows down, not up unless under pressure.  On a boat, this would be sealed all the way round, as up and down can change places. 
    Also look for some other possible entry point from under or inside the trailer, like a plumbing leak?
    cheers
  • jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    My passenger side cargo door leaked. Water entered at the seam in the cargo frame. The seam in the frame is at the 12 o'clock position. I removed the frame, put a piece of butyl take behind the seam, reinstalled the frame and caulked the top and two sides. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
    Perhaps that cargo frame should have been Installed with the seam at the bottom?
    cheers