Options

Berkey water filter

2»

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    ChrisFix said:
    Just wanted to follow up on my experience using the The EpicWater Nano pitcher in our T@B 400.
    https://www.epicwaterfilters.com/products/epic-nano-water-filter-pitcher-navy-blue-removes-bacteria-virus-cysts
    It has been great! No more carrying gallons of drinking water. The water from the Nano certainly passes the taste test, and hopefully lives up to the published lab testing results published by Epic Water.
    The pitcher fits easily in our under sink cabinet and has been a great addition to our camping essentials.
    Thanks @VictoriaP for sharing this find!
    Very glad to hear it! I’ve been using mine daily at home and been very happy with it, I’m glad to hear it’s working well on the road too.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @Tundra57 OK, the only thing we don't love about the Berkey is the size relative to the TAB400. LOL
    It's good to know there is an alternative. The Berkey might be relegated to home duty. Our water there does not taste great.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Whilst we use our Berkey mostly at home, it does go with us in the TaB 400, ridding in the shower, strapped down.  It is a little large, and working on a few ideas of where to put it, like in place of the Tele.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @Denny16 DW made a flannel cover for ours and I bungee it to the table leg. Our biggest problem is where to put it when we are using it. It's not too bad when we spend our time outside but it has been raining for days. LOL
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Jeff, I am thinking of moving the TV/or replacing it with a slightly smaller unit and mount it on the washroom bulkhead (angled part) next to the dinette, to get a good view from the dinette.  Then I would  mount the Berkey where the TV was, leaving the pop up galley extension up all the time.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @Denny16
    That makes sense. Although we do like to lounge in bed while watching our Youtubes LOL.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    My epic water works great. Replacement filters a bit expensive. Water tastes good. My dog seems to like the water more than any other. I have a rectangular bowl  i keep shoes in stored in the bathroom. I take out the shoes and store it on its side when moving. Works great.