Options

What is the height of 2021 400 Boondock

StellaStella Member Posts: 7
We are wanting to buy a 2021 400 Boondock edition.  Can anyone tell me the exact height from highest point on the camper to the ground? The nucamp site has it listed as 8’8”. However, every dealer has said that is for the 400 standard. Each dealer I have spoken with gives me a different measurement, some have called their reps but the measurements are not consistent. 

Before we pull a very expensive trigger we NEED to know if it will fit in our garage. The local dealer does not have any in stock otherwise we would go out and measure it. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Figure on 9-feet for a TaB400 Boondock, to clear a doorway or low obstacle.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited August 2020
    My 2021 T@B 400 Boondock slips under my measured 9' garage door opening with at least a couple of inches to spare. Make sure you are able to get your garage door to fully clear the door opening as well...which my opener allowed me to do, but if it hangs into the opening at all, you'll need to account for that.

One of the factors that brought me to look at T@Bs was the ability to garage it at my home...and I had the same anxiety when I bought a Boondock model - would it really fit? From outside the garage it still looks to big! But it does indeed clear a 9' opening.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    The nuCamp website says 107”.  Send an email to nuCamp at customerservice@nucamprv.com and ask if the quoted 107” 400 Boondock height includes items above the roof line.  Please share their response.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My 2019 400 Boondock Lite was closer to 9’4” to 9’6” with the addition of the Aeroflow vent cover (it’s hard to measure with one person). 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Yes, the vent cover adds height, with ours, I figure for a 10-foot clearance requirement jut to be safe.
    cheers
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM
    I can tell you that the 107" NuCamp spec. is to the highest protrusion on the roof...
    I put mine in and out of a 9' 0" door frame weekly...

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Thanks @ChrisFix.  It appears that the bathroom vent is higher than the Fantastic Fan lid.  Or is the trim around the edges actually higher?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks @ChrisFix.  It appears that the bathroom vent is higher than the Fantastic Fan lid.  Or is the trim around the edges actually higher?
    The fan vent covers are definitely the high points. I just eye-balled my 400 and I'd say the vents are pretty similar in height, with the bath vent perhaps a bit higher.
  • Options
    StellaStella Member Posts: 7
    MYSTERY SOLVED! I emailed nucamp and Raphael responded within a couple of hours, amazing customer service. The height of 107” includes everything above the roof line. 

Our garage is 107.5” - 108”.  Sorry the pic is sideways. The grey part is the weather stripping flap that runs across the top of the door. It is completely flexible. Once that is cleared the garage opens up.  

We have a 2018 320s and will tape a cardboard box to the top of the camper so it is 107”. Pull it out, put it in and see if we can make it. (Fingers crossed).  If it is too tight, I am thinking we could let some air out of the tires to get it in and air them up when it’s in place. 

I had another thought too, since it is a teardrop shape could a trailer dolly be used to manipulate the height as it is being pushed in the garage. Thoughts???
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    You might gain an inch dropping the front down to get in the garage. Make a cardboard cutout of the TaB400 shape And play with different angles and frint height placement.
    cheers
  • Options
    Sunny2WSSunny2WS Member Posts: 28
    Stella,
    I am curious how this worked out with the 400?  I am in the same situation, only about to purchase a new Boondock 320s, previously owned a 2006 t@b which is much less height.  Measured height on the lip entry of my garage is 97”, and the height of the Boondock is 96”. I’m not sure 1 inch is enough leeway clearance. I was going to go back to the dealer to make sure the fan/vent does not stick up above the 96”.  But it sounds like from your communication with Nu Camp that the measurements include any vents etc off the top of the RV. Really want to make sure the t@b will fit in my garage before I buy one. 
    2021 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota Tacoma
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    The first owner of our 320 found out that she couldn't get it in her garage and from what I understand returned it to the dealer pretty quick and got a T@G. Supposedly didn't even camp in it. At least that was the story the second owner we bought it from told us.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL