Options

How to Choose a Good Campground for a T@B?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hey Patti -- here's instructions on how to do the dump thing, from the Sanidump people:

http://www.sanidumps.com/howtoemptyyourtanks.php

Beth from AZ
    Thank you!  Printed and headed for my reference book. Saved digitally also ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Step #11 - Raise the hose - Will save you a lot of grief.
    Watched a guy unhook and lay the hose down - Took him 10 minutes to clean up :-(
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Trum@n said:
    Many truck stops have rv dump stations for a fee. There are some Internet sites that list dump stations in searchable form.
    Speaking of taking a "free dump" here is a site that should be helpful to those in need:

RV Dump Stations - "State by State" listing

The iPhones and Androids do have various apps for locating dump stations (as Verna noted above) - AllStays has an app for $1.99 and a free app is available too - Sanidumps RV Dump Station Locator.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited June 2015
    One thing we found with our little T@b is that once the dump station "hole" was higher than our outlets. What do you do then? We kind of let it drain into the hose, then closed the latch and disconnected and lifted the end to drain.... Then repeated a couple of times. It was not fun.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    How much does it cost to dump, if there is a fee? The truck stops don't mention "free" nor "fee".
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Trum@nTrum@n Member Posts: 34
    The guides say $10 or less.
  • Options
    Thank you, Trum@n
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    bgualtieri - I'd move on to the next dump unless it was critical then I'd use my Lego blocks to raise the T@B. Most big rigs have their dump valves at the rear so I've run into dump stations that are slopped to drain backwards instead of forward like we need. Luckily, many are two sided so you can choose the slope you need.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Patti said:
    For example, if we used it overnight, which means it wasn't used much, would we go ahead and do something to dump it before leaving the park? Or let it wait until we'd put more in it, which might be awhile? Too many questions and too many issues we don't understand yet!
    If you are going to take it home and let it sit for a couple of weeks, I would. If you are going out somewhere and will be using it right away, not necessary.

The whole tank thing is more intimidating than it needs to be, trust me.

What I have done, is checked out convenient locations along the major routes to and from my house. Some routes have very convneinet dump stations. When I spent 2 weeks traveling with it last year, I would empty every 3 days, or look at my itinerary and whether the next spot had a dump station. I have also found convenient dump stations along the Ohio Turnpike, which will give me more options.

Our tanks are so small, it takes very little time to dump. I spend what might be an excessive amount of time rinsing the black tank and I am still done in under 15 minutes.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Simple, preferably next to an amusement park.  It really is all in how you choose to use it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    When I dump, I dump, close the valve, go inside and pour a gallen or two of fresh water into the toilet and then open the valve again - I also use treatment packets in my tanks. So, my question is, do I really need a flush king?
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited June 2015
    PXLated said:
    When I dump, I dump, close the valve, go inside and pour a gallen or two of fresh water into the toilet and then open the valve again - I also use treatment packets in my tanks. So, my question is, do I really need a flush king?
    The flush King does nothing more than allow multiple fills and re-empties without having to leave the waste gate valve area.  You can keep doing the fill and flush right from the waste gate until the waste run out is clear, yes you watch the yucky black water go through the clear Flusk King elbow fitting.  

When  you are ready you take a fairly clean waste hose off the black gate and drain the grey water.  It really is very easy and much simpler than going back inside to add water to flush the tank with.
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We are in Georgia, and we are very fortunate to have the BEST state park camps in the nation. Water / electricity hookups are standard, few even have sewer hookups and cable too. Camp sites are generally fairly private, with lots of green, and clean facilities. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Trum@nTrum@n Member Posts: 34
    So do you use the flush king for the grey tank also or just the black tank?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    You night bit. You do get that initial gush after filling it up again when you open the gate. I also like that it gives me a good way to thoroughly rinse out the hose after dumping. After watching some videos, I think only great way is to have an in tank macerator lime the torpedo it what the airstreams have. On top of the flush king, I am going to start traveling with water in the black tank slushing around to help clean the sides if the tank and dissolve anything that didn't get flushed out. I am probably a little paranoid. But, who wants tank problems?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    jkjenn said
     I am probably a little paranoid. But, who wants tank problems?
    I think black tank problems in the T@B rig would be pretty rare in my opinion.  The run from the tank to the waste gate is just inches and there are no sensors in the tank.  
  • Options
    I also add a half gallon to a gallon after I'm done to slosh and dissolve the tank packet while I travel. Think I'll forgo the FK - Not too excited about watching brown water flow.