Options

2021 Cool Cat vent locations in the 400 (standard)

Are the only vents for the Cool Cat located on either side of the dinette and at the head of the bed?
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, the CoolCat air output vents are in the front under the dinette seats, and one on the back wardrobe locker wall over the bed on a TaB400. Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @Denny16
    Anyone have any tips on cooling the bathroom besides leaving the door open? I figure nucamp didn't install a vent in there due to it being such a small space and/or humidity concerns but would be interested to hear if anyone has worked out a fix. Maybe we just need to "rough it' in a hot bathroom lol

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @rhyno
    Leaving the door open is pretty much the only option. One small hack is to not let the door latch - which leaves it open a crack. Then if you have the exhaust fan on, the air flow will pull some air from the main cabin and help a little with cooling it off - while not being in the way as the open door would be.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    We try to leave our door cracked open and not closed fully.  It is also amazing how quickly you can cool off the bathroom with the vent fan (when you need to be in there for more than a moment.
  • Options
    Yes, we leave the door slightly open also.  I was thinking of adding a vent in the door on the washroom and wardrobe locker to promote air flow through those areas.  This goes back to my boating days in a 30-foot yacht:
    cheers
  • Options
    TNOutback said:
    We try to leave our door cracked open and not closed fully.  It is also amazing how quickly you can cool off the bathroom with the vent fan (when you need to be in there for more than a moment.
    The dometic vent fan in the bathroom doesn't get a lot of love on this site (and I understand the reasons why), but I have to say, it does a very effective job of moving air - and is rain proof. Your comment about how quickly it cools off is spot on!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @ChrisFix - It is good hearing that some folks like the bathroom fan. I ran one and it was pretty rattley and seemed like it wouldn't last more than a couple weeks. Maybe I tested a dud?
  • Options
    @rhyno
    It is definitely a budget fan...and longevity is probably suspect, but it is extremely effective at what it's designed to do. And yes, it is a bit 'rattley'! 
  • Options
    The washroom fan in our 2018 TaB400 is two years old and going strong, does the job, even if it is a little loud.
    cheers