Options

Love our cassette toilet! So..

Simplest “upgrade” ever, we bought a second cassette tank! Now no more worrying about getting the dreaded red light in the middle of the night! 

Thetford 32327 Right Hand Complete Holding Tank

Is what ya want in case that helps anyone

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Awesome!!! I might be down the road.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Nice concept, buying a second cassette. The black tank's capacity is the Achilles heel of our boondocking adventures. I think I remember from a Jenn Grover video that the cassette is a 5 gallon capacity?

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My second cassette tank is with my paperwork at the factory. I figure that will give me 10 gallons to use.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    CrabTab said:
    Nice concept, buying a second cassette. The black tank's capacity is the Achilles heel of our boondocking adventures. I think I remember from a Jenn Grover video that the cassette is a 5 gallon capacity?
    Yup! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My 2014 T@B S Max only had a 5 gallon black tank. If I was using it exclusively (not using campground facilities), it would last 5 to 7 days. I’m expecting the same results from the cassette toilet. 

Of course, by having two cassettes tanks, remove the full one, insert the empty and find a place to dump the full one in your travels. Bring it back and start the cycle. 

With the Nautilus system, you can carry 5 gallon (or more or less) jugs for fresh water and fill them on your travels. Then use a hose and the pump feature to transfer the fresh water to your tank. 

I have either a 25 gallon Blue Boy or a 5 gallon jug marked for gray water only that I can use to empty gray water into for transport. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    With two of us, the 5 gallon black tank capacity in our 2019 gets scary after three days or so. Gray water has never been an issue for us over that time frame. Our saving grace has been that we're both gypsies at heart and are usually willing to move on (and find a dump station along the way) after a few days. Still, we really like the concept of the cassette tanks and the capacity (literally) that they'd provide to stay put longer...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022