Options

Philosophy of Camping

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited October 2014 in Camping & Travel

So, why do you camp the way you do?  What do you want to do while camping?  Why do you go where you do when you're camping?  What is your philosophy of camping?

Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Interesting topic.

I camped a lot as a kid with the Boy Scouts.  My troop would go camping every month, no matter the weather, so I learned a lot from that experience, and found that I really enjoyed being outdoors.

As I got a little older and started to travel more, I used camping as a means to travel cheaply, being able to pop up a tent in many parks for a fraction of the cost of a hotel room is very appealing, and made even more so because I already enjoyed it and it was a part of the trip.

I had the fortune of finding a woman who is not afraid to be outside, and we have spent many a night together in a tent as well, graduating from my surplus pup tent, which I would set as a lean to, to a much larger and nicer REI Hobbitat tent (which we never, ever got wet in, though our first six trips out in it saw heavy, torrential rain) and finally, last year, to the T@B.

I think the T@B is about as big as I ever want to get, at least until I retire.  It is that nice halfway point, you have the nice protected space, safe from the elements if need be, with some nice comforts, but at the same time, it is really too small to want to spend all of your time in, you want to get out and enjoy the world around you.

When we camp, you will rarely actually find us in the campground, that is often just a stopping point to rest because we are out exploring the area the campground is in, hiking, biking, visiting historic sites and amusement parks.  Oh, and letterboxing.  Recently we have become a little more relaxed though.  Becky enjoys an afternoon nap in the hammock, and I like to lounge around, reading a book and enjoying a beer.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

My philosophy of camping is continually evolving . . . I guess the main fuel source is my love of being outdoors, of exploring, hiking, riding my bike, poking through little towns, and meeting other people along the way.  I still enjoy the remoteness of backpacking, but alas, none of my friends are still able to do that. 

I think each one of us has a "defining moment" about camping that resonates within us.  I hold fond memories of tent camping with my son when I was a single parent.  It was something we could do together that was inexpensive, and he had a blast.  Now that I'm single again, I cherish the idea of camping in my T@B, having a warm shelter to snuggle down with a good book and perhaps a bottle of wine, and sharing moments around the campfire with fellow campers.   

I feel a lot of people are missing out on life if they don't smell the mushrooms!  (No pun intended here from the legal marijuana state of Colorado.) Seriously, though, here are some pics of mushrooms I discovered on a hike last year in the rain.  I had the trail all to myself! 

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I suspect most people camp for the pure joy of camping and all that it entails, including experiencing nature up close and personal.  But, I live in the woods on an Ozark river, and I cannot even see my nearest neighbor when leaves are on the trees.  I see deer and turkey and eagles, etc. on a regular basis, so experiencing nature is not my main reason for camping.  I mostly camp for the convenience of having a place to stay while I visit places I want to see (mostly in a natural setting, of course).  I can stay in my own "little house" that is personalized to my tastes, and I can stop or go pretty much as I please without having to worry about finding a vacancy or a place for my dog to spend the night, or lugging half my belongings in and out of motel rooms.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    No doubt, a very happy "camperpiller."  :))
  • Options

Larry and Neil, you both have beautiful home base environments -- so lovely to park your T@B, fiddle around with its systems, and just hang out. I do envy that ability!!!  But you are SOOO right about the people factor.  I met this really cool couple from Enid, Oklahoma last summer on the Grand Mesa in Colorado.  They had a BIG Lance camper and I had a tent (pre-T@B).

NO-O-O problem.  We hit it off and hung out with each other after dinner every night and shared stories of what we did that day.  Camping people are wonderful.

=D>
  • Options
    That is a gorgeous name plate and what generous people they are to have taken the time and effort to do that!!!  I am continually amazed by the genuine goodness of others, and at the same time, I am taken aback by other's actions as well.  I believe that people who enjoy camping have a different "spirit."    :-*
  • Options
    joansiejoansie Member Posts: 19
    My first camping trip was at the age 8. Myself and a neighbor boy talked our parents into letting us camp out in an empty lot by the lake a block from our house. Our tent was a blanket stretched over some sapling polls. I was hooked! From then on me and various friends camped out through out the year. Later I became interested in historical reenactment and primitive camping. Then I got into teaching hunter safety survival skills. I have taught middle school for 35 years and during the last 15 I taught summer sessions on canoeing and camping. I retired in 2000. My wife and I have tent camped and for a while we tried pop ups. But found them more work then tent camping. I'm 70 and find it is a long way from the ground to a standing position. Also I find the nights seem colder then they use to. So now we are going to try the T@B.
    Ron and Joan, 2007 T@B Fireball, 2010 Forester The Pull T@B
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    We discovered the T@B as we were researching our 2014 trip to Yellowstone, Tetons, and Idaho.This started mid summer of 2013.  I found a blog from an LG owner and read their entire blog journal.(Deceiver). I discovered that we could do this type of travel for our trip. I fell in love with the "Journey". I tried to rent an LG. And in the research discovered the T@B. I was so intrigued that I could not stop until I found a T@B to see and experience. We got lucky and found a new shipment of 10 T@Bs very close to our location. We drove 2 hours, walked on the lot, and started to look at the T@Bs. It was such a rush. We wanted them all. How did we decide? 
    I could not believe that my husband was so totally onboard with this until he saw the T@Bs. He loved them. 
    We liked the Clamshell model because we each have great experiences camping and cooking outdoors. 
    I wanted a wet/bath so much but hubby was so against it. Until he saw the T@B Clamshell with Wet/bath. 
    Walked across the street and signed the papers. Proud T@B Clamshell/S owners.
     When we  picked up T@B, 7 of the T@Bs had been sold. 
    We are not retired. Hubby still working, hard. Me,too.  So we plan carefully our vacation time. 
    We come from scouting families. Hubby has 4 Eagle Scouts. I was a Girl Scout Leader for many wonderful fun years.
     One of the first things we bought when we got married, 9 years ago was a quality tent. 4 hip replacements, 1 knee, 2 rotator procedures in those 9 years have forced us off the ground and into a T@B.
    The T@B provides, for us, a quick, efficient get-away. I keep her packed and ready to tow. We usually can travel on Sunday afternoon, night and Monday. 
    So we plan for 45 Minute to 1 hour trip away from home. 
    Hubby is still working and we have a great deal of work and community obligations, so with that, the later weekend getaway, actually works for us. 
    We have ventured to  close National Forests and several beautiful State Parks. 
    We like to cook outside, entertain outside, watch movies outside.  We love nature. We are in the people business, so that is a given. The stories are priceless. 
    We get to eat healthy, sleep in our beds and on our great sheets. We can go and go or stop and see. 
    We love our T@B. She is beautiful. So beautifully made. 
    We tow her everywhere we want to go. We take our dog. We take our healthy food. We can get back home when we need to be home. 
    We know that the T@B is a great investment in our life now and into our retirement. Our T@b makes us happy. Life is short. Live it, love it. 
    :-*
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Pretty motivational, Belva!

My wife and I are close to "the finish line" with our brood, which allows us more timr to get away together... as well as me having a chance to go camping with the remaining kids (it will mostly be my lady and I).

We need to stay focused on activities within three hour's drive or so for now, to allow for some weekend spontaneity.

I have been eyeballing some local stuff, and just booked a campsite (near, but not at) a local state teardrop rally group, having a shindig in Northeast Ohio May 9th.

I'm also considering checking out a spot near Lake Erie, or near a large lake, something to conemplate as a seasonal. We both work, and can also work (mobile, via web) on weekends, so access to solid wifi is a plus.

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    We all "camp" for different reasons.  Mine is listed above.  I took this photo from my kitchen window yesterday to demonstrate what I meant.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    RZRBUG, that is breathtaking . Thanks for sharing.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Nice Larry.  I saw two paddling on Beaver Lake Sunday.  It never gets old seeing a Bald Eagle; just as exciting as the first time.
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    They come to the river every year about this time, and it never gets old.  Saw one a couple of years ago take a fish out of the river.  Awesome.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options

Not only are you lucky to realize this picture is precious, you are lucky to be able to take it from your kitchen window!!!  WOW!    Everyone who enjoys things such as this are lucky to NOT BE COUCH POTATOES!!!

Thanks, Larry, for keeping us focused. 

:)>-
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I started camping because it was just easier for my photography trips. After I started, I realized how relaxing it was and I have now camped a few times for just the fun of it, apart from photography trips. It helps me unwind for the intensity of suburban life.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Camping is just a part of who I am, not sure how to explain that. I started before I was even a teenager as a cub scout and boy scout. My parents were hard working folks and neither were the outdoor types but trusted me to make it home safe do my thing. I am a fisherman and have always incorporated the two activities. Mom called me her little river rat. I think I was very fortunate to have grown up in a time and in a place where a young person could be relatively safe in the outdoors. Many of my parents adult friends took me fishing and hunting and camping with them, I will always be grateful for those that shared their time in the outdoors with me. My three children spent many a weekend and vacation camping and fishing. They all can bait their own hooks and had their own fishing gear. We made some great memories together.  

As I mentioned in other posts I too have camped in all the various methods and like my T@B best. And like others the years seem to dictate the most doable method and the T@B is a perfect compromise for me. However, I have no plans to sell or give away my tent and backpacking gear, one never knows I may need that again some time, or at least have the option. Now retired and adjusting to the solo life and getting back to that part of me that got put in storage for too long. T@Bcasa is loaded and ready to roll when the urge strikes me.  
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I always back packed to get away, but late in my youth, I moved into an old bread truck and traveled for 18 months developing a photo eye.  This time around, I prefer dropping off my "home" while I explore in a smaller 4 wheel drive vehicle to get to locations for photos.  Since I'm usually busy with sunset light, I want an easy to use kitchen when I return after dark.  The T@B serves this function extremely well.  Besides, with a california king bed with a three inch topper and a heater,  it's a pretty luxurious sleeping environment after a long day....  
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    BtW, nights spent in T@B this year, 65...  last year 60.  I'm in it a lot...
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    My early years of youth and camping were influenced by three older brothers and we often set-up the old canvas style pup tents out in the bag yard and would spend the nights under the stars and occasionally borrowing a few apples, pears, cherries, plums and grapes from neighbor's yards in some of our raids after everyone else was asleep.  That was of course back in the days when you could leave your doors open and allow fresh air to enter through the screen, not worrying about some of the horrible things you see on the news every night.  I was fortunate too, in that I had grand parents who had a beautiful cottage up on Higgins Lake in Michigan and was able to spend summers north, catching perch, pike, etc. and being close to forested areas where we would drive around "looking for deer" before the sun set and viewing wildlife that seemed oblivious to our approach.  My parents also traveled some in the upper reaches of Michigan and at an early age I began a life long love of nature, hunting, fishing, photography and other outdoor activities revolving around the 4 seasons. 

I have enjoyed camping most of my life and like many, also got into conversation vans and eventually some longer trips that would take me further west.  I have owned 4 vans, converted 3 of them myself and purchased a full blown Chevy conversion van that I sold about three years ago because it was sitting idle, but still was solid. 

I got into Little Guy units via a brother who spotted one in Charlevoix and since I was soon to retire, he told me I should look at them.  I bought my first unit (a 4-wide) sight unseen from a dealer in Buchanan, Virginia and from there I have had two additional units - a 5-wide and now a new 2014 Silver Shadow last November.  I certainly don't rule out a T@B and have seen all of these units evolve and will await the larger units that will probably come out sometime in 2016.   I also became fascinated more so in native American history while in college and have become somewhat of an explorer because the history of our beautiful country beckons me and to fully realize and understand how we got to where we are at today you do need to get out and visit some of the historical sites along the trail.  The smaller trailers provide a great means of doing just that, while also saving on hotel bills and affording one an opportunity to camp virtually anywhere and on a moment's notice.  the convenience of these trailers is amazing, they are easy to maintain, park and take out whenever you want to go.  It also blends in well with my love for photography and is what one park owner in California told me, "is true freedom." 

I have really enjoyed all of my trailers, the friends made therein, the many rally's attended and have tried to share knowledge and learn from others as well.  These trailers make it all so easy and once it gets into your blood the rest is history! 
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TraildaleTraildale Member Posts: 8
    I am am another Boy Scout who grew up camping starting at age 11 and it has never left my blood. That includes scout camps in the upper midwest throughout the year. One "special" winter camp was in 48-degree-below-zero weather in northern Minnesota in the early 70's. So sad that in today's nanny-state you would likely  be accused of child endangerment for camping when it's below zero. We got cold but we had a great time.
    As adults, my wife and I had a brief time tenting  and after one particularly wet weekend with our tent under water, we moved to a pop-up trailer and introduced our pre-school kids to camping. Once again, bad experiences with multiple rained out weekends pushed us into a small hard-sided ultralight camper. We never travelled far but spent many many weekends in the woods with the kids. It was so nice to be assured that no matter what, at the end of the day you would be warm and dry and snuggled together. The sound of rain on the roof of a hard-sided camper is hypnotic. 
    Later when the kids were ages 10 to 17 we traded up to a Class C motorhome and most trips were one to three weeks long. It was great to be able to travel all across the country with the kids and for us it was the right type of camper for that time in our lives. The Class C was also a great platform for mountain biking and participating in races in all the wonderful locations west of the Mississippi. 
    Sadly the kids grew up, got summer jobs and then went off to college. The Class C sat idle for a couple years before we sold it. We were camperless for several,years. 
    In each phase of our lives, the choice of camping platform and philosophy of camping changed and we were fortunate to have the various campers that best fit our needs.  
    And once again change came. But this time, it was dramatic and unwelcomed.  My wife suffered a stroke while at work that left her permanently blind and unable to speak. This forced an early retirement for both of us and it's  been a long road to recovery. She has made huge strides in learning how speak again and we have had to make big changes in our lives. We had always planned to retire in AZ and did not want to give up on that dream. And so now we are T@B snowbirds spending winters in AZ and summers in the midwest.  Our new T@B Max S has allowed to travel at our own pace and on our own schedule.  Prior to the T@B, it was a huge ordeal to just find family bathrooms for us to use when traveling anywhere for more than a couple hours. Sometimes we have had to ask gas station staff to close the women's restroom and stand guard so I could help my wife in the restroom.  And hotel stays with our rat-terrier were anything but stress free. The T@B behind our Odyssey van has transformed our lives by allowing us to travel whenever and wherever we want, with our bathroom, and shower, and warm bed, and Keurig in tow. We looked at Class B conversion vans, but the prices and insurance were outrageous at $90k+. The T@B fits our new life perfectly. 
    Traildale
    2016 Max S - Silver & Orange
    AZ & WI
  • Options
    So happy you two found your little slice of camping heaven in a T@B.   I love hearing stories like yours.  Happy Trails! :):)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ahhhhh - Northern MN cold... Don't miss it :-)
  • Options
    Traildale, I hope to meet all three of you during your wintering in Arizona, as that is where Sunny Day, my Shih Tzu, and I winter to escape the Midwest winters.

I like both your wife's and your journey through the challenges of your lives. Safe travels and may all of your dreams be realized. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I grew up camping in Girl Scouts, and also with the Boy Scouts as my brothers were Scouts, and it just so happened that my Girl Scout Leader's husband was the Boy Scout Troop Leader, so there were lots of joint trips with the two troops.

Took a long break from camping until my boys reached Scouting age, and then was back with it every month with the family camps in Cub Scouts, then on to Troop camping.

Disney World is actually what brought me to camping as an adult without the boys. I discovered Fort Wilderness Resort at Disney, and in the early years of my obsession that was a MUCH cheaper way to visit the parks, and go on impromptu trips. I could even fly and tent camp there. (Southwest and two free bags, and low Ding! fares got me down there several weekends a year).

Then I saw a teardrop camper online, and I was hooked! Small, simple, and with the Tearjerker groups, instant safe, social camping. I thought about building, because back in the early 2000's the manufactured teardrops were not mainstream and hard to find. However, I knew in my heart that building was beyond my expertise.

When the kids moved out, I was hoping that with a bed off the ground hubby would actually join me camping. But then we stopped in at a local teardrop gathering, and he physically could not sit down in the door and get his feet in. So that kibashed that idea.

A couple years later, the T@B clamshell came on the market and I was in LOVE, but still they were a lot pricier then I imagined.

But in 2007, we received an inheritance from my grandmother, drove to Tennessee and brought home what would become the Mouseketab. My hubby could get in the door, he could get in the bed (hybrids and popups have elevated beds that he couldn't get into) and it had a killer air conditioner!

For us, the T@B is a way to go fishing locally without having to leave at the crack of dawn, packed up with the fishing gear and a cooler of food, drive to the river/lake, find our spot, set up, fish for a few hours, then load the car back up and head back home. We have several nearby campgrounds that also happen to be hubby's favorite fishing spots. So we can head out Friday night, then simply get up the next morning, walk a few yards and toss out a line. We have a way to fix meals right there, and can take a break for a nap, wander the campground, and do a little more fishing later in the evening.

Then we also use the T@B specifically to go to T@B, Teardrop, and Disney Friend camping gatherings. (Not necessarily at Disney, because the campground is no longer cheap, but we still go down for our annual Halloween trip).

Sometimes we explore the area, at these gatherings, but mostly we all gather under someone's awning, run our mouths, enjoy some killer potlucks, and just enjoy unplugging and doing nothing.

My only disappointment is that I haven't found a way to use the T@B for work travel, except on rare occasion. The places I travel for work are pretty much in metro areas, and the commute from even commercial campgrounds is not viable for the type of work I do, and unfortunately, losing a full day driving for travel isn't possible. (I tend to fly at night and have gotten really good at sleeping on airplanes).

So yes, we do prefer campgrounds and/or RV parks with the facilities and amenities. I've only come close to boondocking on two occasions. Once was when I was supporting the Scout troop by following them on a Rails to Trails bicycling trip. One of the stops didn't have RV spots, but we did find a power pole with a 20 Amp plug on it and got permission to plug in, and once I stayed in Auburn's hayfield with the other RVs for a game, but plugged into my friends Class A generator.

So for us it's mainly a way to get out of the house and enjoy some social time with fellow campers :)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Hmmmmm - I've actually never considered RVs/Campers "camping". Even if boondocking.
    Rolling homes or apartments depending on size. Roving cabins.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Growing up, my family really didn't do anything outdoors. I do remember going to a state park for a picnic with extended family when I was 9 or 10 though and I think the beauty of the trees and creeks started my love of the outdoors. I must have read every book about camping, hiking, Indian lore, pioneer life, and other outdoor topics in my school's library, even the ones in the "boys'" section. When I became an adult I finally bought my first tent. Over the years I've backpacked, kayak camped (like backpacking but you stuff your camping gear into a hatch on your boat and paddle to a remote location) and car camped with the family many times.

As my husband and I have aged we have included more and more creature comforts. First came a tent we could stand up in, then camp cots, then cushy pads for the camp cots, etc. We'd haul a minivan full (when our son was still camping with us) and later an SUV full of camping gear to the Adirondacks every year and occasionally to other state parks near us. All this stuff would take hours to set up, and hours to pack up (usually wet.) We occasionally would think we should really get a pop up tent camper (our last two vehicles were bought with towing in mind so we'd be prepared) but the disadvantages always outweighed the advantages.

Early this year I happened across a Facebook post by a photographer who travels in a T@B, photographing different parts of the country. We knew immediately that it was the way to keep on camping.

So my philosophy is simply to be outdoors as much as possible. We will still camp by the lake at our favorite DEC campground in the Adirondacks and our favorite state parks in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, places where we can step out the door of our T@B and be in a beautiful natural place. We'll cook outdoors, and hike and kayak as long as our knees and shoulders hold out. I don't see us spending time at RV parks except maybe an overnight or two when traveling. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Hmmmmm - I've actually never considered RVs/Campers "camping". Even if boondocking.
    Rolling homes or apartments depending on size. Roving cabins.
    Well, I've always tried not to pigeon-hole anyone for their creature comforts. At least they are seeing our great country, maybe with glass between the scenery and them, but who am I to tell them my way is the way to camp. Tent campers may think we are roving cabins. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Well, they don't call motorhomes campers - RVs - Recreational Vehicles
    Don't know how roving efficiency apartments got called campers.
    :-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I grew up next door to some of the prettiest state parks in the county (the Finger Lakes) but our family never camped or visited them. It wasn't even until I got into landscape photography that I found the area particularly pretty or even contemplated camping, of any kind.

My first trip to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona had me hooked on the Southwest, though. There were places I wanted to go that were fairly remote and impossible to go without spending the night. No hotels or cabins in those places. So, even though my idea of camping up to this point, consisted of the Holiday Inn, I knew I had to consider it. I really did not want to be on the ground with the snakes, though. At about the same time, I discovered the rooftop tent. This would surely be my answer! There was a lot to like about the RTT. It was quick to deploy, I stayed warm when the temps fell below freezing and it snowed in Yellowstone. It allowed me to be agile and camp in palces like Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef National Park. Yet, I still wanted something that made it a little easier to travel cross country. What I didn't like, was how hard it was to put away by myself. Hanging off of the side of the jeep trying stuff the sides in and zip it up took way too long. I thought mounting the tent on a small M416 military trailer was the answer. I liked that solution, a lot. The tent could remain at the campground and did not have to be packed up every night and it was a lot easier to put away.However, all the while, I had spotted these small light weight campers. The first was the Livin' Lite Jeep campers. I liked them, but they were hardly bear-proof. I knoew I needed a hard sided trailer to camp in some locations. Next up was the A-Liner, but all the while what I really wanted was one of those adorable little T@bs.  The rest is history.

I have started to take some trips that are true camping trips and not just photography trips because getting away fromt he city is so relaxing and now I can't imagine thst I ever didn't like camping!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    Living simply, even for a short time.  Being self sufficient.  The wonderful unexpected experiences that happen every day in the outdoors.  The beauty of seeing the clouds with no power lines.  The beauty of listening to birds and bugs without the sound pollution of the city.  The smells.  The beauty of a wildflower and having the time to appreciate it.  Looking and listening to a campfire at night puts my problems back home in perspective.  The tired legs feeling when coming back to the trailer after a five mile hike in the mountains.  The refreshing feeling of drinking a cold beer after that five mile hike.  The feeling of coming home after a long trip.  Sharing all of these experiences with the woman who has been in my life for the last 33 years.
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx