Options

Micro-Air Easy Start with Yamaha EF2000is at a mile high

aphillips76aphillips76 Member Posts: 15
Hey all,

I was having a hard time finding any information as to whether I could get my Tab400 to be able to be powered by my Yamaha EF2000 is v2 with an Easy Start 364 at a mile high. I decided that taking the $300 plunge was something I was willing to do given a new Honda would cost me over a grand...

My plan was to put it in on Labor Day after our camping trip this weekend. However, I brought my tools (not my generator) with me just in case I got bored. well, glad I did because while we were camping, the CoolCat froze up. I think it was because of air flow. The fins had dog hair on them and we had the dog crate near the intake all night the night before so it was likely my fault... So, while it was unfreezing, I decided to install the Easy Start... and cleaned the fins.

When I got home, I brought out the generator and gave it a shot... Fired it up on regular (not eco mode) and the generator shut off... I thought, well ... Then I thought, it hasn’t ever shut off before. It usually just goes into overload mode. Checked, out of gas :)

Put some fuel in it, tried again in non-eco mode. It worked GREAT!

Tried again in eco mode... It worked again!!!

So, after a long story, the end result is that a Yamaha EF2000is v2 will power a Tab400 with a CoolCat at 5280 feet in eco mode and a Micro-Air Easy start 364...

WooHoo!

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Grand, thanks for the feed back.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596

aphillips76 said:
    . . . in non-eco mode. It worked GREAT!
    . . . Tried again in eco mode... It worked again!!!
    Are you referring to starting the generator or applying the A/C load?

My little non-Honda generator operation instructions states 'Always Start in non-eco mode' with 'No Load' attached.  After engine runs smooth then add loads and switch to eco mode.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You always start a generator without the load first, then, once running, add the load.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    aphillips76aphillips76 Member Posts: 15

aphillips76 said:
    . . . in non-eco mode. It worked GREAT!
    . . . Tried again in eco mode... It worked again!!!
    Are you referring to starting the generator or applying the A/C load?

My little non-Honda generator operation instructions states 'Always Start in non-eco mode' with 'No Load' attached.  After engine runs smooth then add loads and switch to eco mode.
    Generator was started, let run for a few, then plugged in the camper, then ac turned on..