Options

Stargazer Window

RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
While opening the Stargazer widow it came detached from the hinge. While putting it back into the rail the black end cap and piece of clear plastic attaches to it broke off. Should i be concerned about it and is the widow designed to come unhinged that easily?
2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    I'm missing that black end cap from one side of my front window (was missing from new)...and the window moves very easily side to side on the top attachment rail. I have to move it left/right to center it or it won't latch.
    So it does move very easily side to side on the attachment rail, but the broken piece of acrylic looks like a bit of a problem to me.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Replacement windows are available from nüCamp.  A new unit under warranty can get a defective window replaced for free from the Warranty dept.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Ok I figured out that my window was never attached to the metal slide to begin with so did not know that was a part of the installation, I thought the window slid into the metal slide, and that the metal slide was fixed and could not be removed. I understand now that the slide has to come out.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    Do you have a picture with the slide partially slid out?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    No I did not take one when I removed it before putting it back in, but you can see it in the picture, it is the hooked part in the picture.
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I broke my kitchen window with similar results. I did it during warranty but NuCamp said it wasn't their fault. The window was partially opened, at about a 30 degree angle. I exited the tab, and walked right into the side of the window pushing it backwards and breaking the top right corner. That same small black piece came out. Mine broke such that I could reinsert the black piece and glue it in place. The window corner remains broken. Turns out gluing acrylic is not easy. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019