Options

Denver Area nucamp dealers

Hi - does anyone have recommendations for a nucamp dealer in the Denver area?  We are looking at a 2021 -400 Boondock Lite and would like to discuss the many details.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Just FYI, the version of the 2021 400 that you want is called Boondock (no lite version).
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2020
    Hi PSAG!  Windish is a NuCamp dealer and has them in stock, check out their website for what's on site in Lakewood, Longmont and Colorado Springs, search Teardrop Campers in their search bar.  We bought our 320 CS-S from them this summer.  Love our T@B, but honestly was disappointed in their "walk through" when we picked it up. I knew more about the cassette toilet and winterizing than the person who showed us through.  Straightforward sale at least.  
    https://www.windishrv.com

Read lots on this website and check out some of the walkthroughs on YouTube, you'll learn lots on your own and get just about any question answered.
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I purchased mine used from Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs-- UNFORTUNATELY they are no longer a Tab dealer-- they were honest no games & service guys were Very knowledgeable about Tabs.  If I need Tab specific work done I will tow the trailer the 2 hours to Colorado Springs.  I'm pretty sure they will still do repairs as they have a service department.  I went to the Tab dealer in Longmont twice-- BOTH times was treated like they didn't have time & I was a bother-- If that's how they treat people when they could be making a sale I can't imagine what they would be like when or if you need service or warranty work done!  They were also higher than any other dealer in Colorado. They would be the last dealer I would purchase from.  There is another dealer further south in Colorado--Boardman-- I think in Pueblo.  Post a question here about Boardman for a review.    I spoke to him on the phone & he was happy to answer questions & sounded knowledgeable about Tabs.  Research & learn all you can about the Tab before you go shopping around-- so that you know as much or more than the dealers.  Find out how long they have been a dealer & servicing Tabs.  I would ask to talk to the service mgr & ask him if he knows how to & HAS he drained & replaced the Alde fluid.  If you get an uninformed answer, think twice about getting it serviced there!  I wish Nucamp would get a good & knowledgeable dealer close to the Denver area. I wish you the best of luck.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    @jebjam. You should send a message to Nucamp about your experience with the disappointing training walkthrough you had at Windish.  Nucamp should know which of their dealers are needing some training & people dropping a lot of money should be able to expect the same.  I would hope Nucamp would care about your experience.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    We bought our 2020 400 Boondock Lite from Cousins RV in Loveland (they also have a location in Golden, but last year didn't know much about NuCamp's products). Poor walk-through, also, but overall happy with the experience, price, etc. 
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    We bought our 2021 400 Boondock from Windish in Lakewood.  The sales process was actually very good considering I worked him so hard to get the price we wanted.  However the walk through was less than stellar and I do not plan on taking it to them for any work if it can be avoided.   During the walk through there was the classic Alde burst of hot water then cool water.  The tech could not figure it out and just said the mixer valve was bad so he would order a new one.  Also one of the cabinets was off a bit and he said it was warped and would order a new one.  I fixed the mixer valve myself with info from this forum (it was not broken) and I adjusted the cabinet door myself with info from NuCamp (it was not warped.)  Oh and also they did not know much about the solar so I had to figure that out myself and fix it too.  So my experience was that the sales process was fine but learn your trailer and fix it yourself and avoid using the service dept if you can.  But that has been my experience with other RV dealers as well.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Dang-- I thought I had heard good things about Cousins for service.  I'm still looking for  another RV service/ repair that has good reviews around Denver.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 43
    @lkc001, similar to bergger we had a couple issues with our T@B and wrote NuCamp.  One of the clam latches wasn't catching, they advised it was a warranty issue and I should return to the dealer to have it addressed. I told them the story of my walk around and that I did not have confidence in my dealer to address the problem correctly after that, shared with them my plan to fix the latch myself and they agreed it was the correct action.  They didn't address my dealer concerns directly, but I let them know.
    A decade ago we bought a hybrid camper in TN, my son picked up the camper to bring as a surprise gift from my wife. (We had seen the unit at an RV show and loved it, so it wasn't blind to me!). He videotaped the hour long detailed walk around with all kinds of hints and advice, specifics on how to operate everything and their own tips on maintenance along with printed advice generated by the dealer.  Our Windish demonstration of the T@B was a cursory explanation on how to turn knobs and buttons lasting about 10 or 15 minutes, with no detailed knowledge of the Alde system, winterization, the cassette toilet or anything related to the solar panels.  It was a stark contrast having experienced a dealer who did this well and I was glad this wasn't my first purchase, I'd have been lost.

Having said that, I wouldn't discount their service department which is separate from sales.  Thankfully we haven't had to use them, and I'd definitely check their ratings, but the walk around wasn't a service tech and I'm sure their skills are quite different.  When I asked questions about winterizing the hot water tank and the Alde system with no answers forthcoming, the Windish rep told my wife the internet was ruining purchasing a camper.  It was pretty awful.
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    Maybe requesting the walk through with their service tech would be helpful.  
  • Options
    My walkthrough at Sun City Trailers was stellar & very thorough-- at least an hour+.  They were also knowledgeable about the Alde system.  I wrote Nucamp about how happy I was with the entire experience with Sun City -- I also know that they received other good reviews from posts on this site .  Nucamp had this information & guess what?  Sun City is no longer a Tab dealer-- I am disappointed in Nucamp quite frankly.  Reviews online for the dealer in Longmont are NOT great & easy to search.  I'm still looking for a repair dealer near Denver that is knowledgeable with Tabs & has a good reputation.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    The Sun City dealer probably dropped the TaB line, I doubt nüCamp discontinued their dealership directly.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @lkc001 - I don’t think you can assume that the dealership was booted by nuCamp.  Why not ask nuCamp?  It often has something to do with the quantities of TaBs that they are required to order and sell.  Also, depending on how big a dealership, they may not find it to be as profitable to sell TaBs.  
  • Options
    Did I say I assumed the dealer was booted by Nucamp?  No I didn't.  I also emailed Nucamp when I found out that info & also when I was treated like I was at Windish -- never got a response from either email.  I was also told that if you didn't buy your unit from Windish & you wanted to use them for service  "good luck with that"-  was told that by the salesman-- he was arrogant.   That is also why I'm a little disappointed in Nucamp.  No response when a customer is treated poorly.   Like I said-- I'm still looking for a repair shop near Denver that is familiar with Tabs & the Alde & has a good reputation.  I also have the right to my personal opinion & feel others should be made aware of how some of these dealers treat customers & they should be informed of dealers that really don't have knowledge about Tabs.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Sorry - you said you were disappointed in nuCamp in the same sentence that “Sun City is no longer a Tab dealer”.  Did you email customerservice@nucamprv.com?  I would send another email.
  • Options
    MonicaNOCOMonicaNOCO Member Posts: 27
    I'll add my recommendation for Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs - for Alde service.  They replaced my Alde this spring and were very responsive and straight forward throughout the process.  
    2014 T@B 320-S
  • Options
    @MonicaNOCO As I stated in my other e-mail about "changed dealers in Colorado"  Sun City may replace entire Alde systems, but when I contacted them less than 3 weeks ago about changing out the glycol, they said they do not have the equipment to do the fluid exchange, and I also purchased my used Tab from Sun City.  I would gladly use Sun City for any other service if I lived closer to their shop.
    Woohoo!