Options

The "behind the bed" storage space and heat ?

2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
Hi all, cool weather is coming and we may need to use the Adle for heat, although we seem to be quite snug at the moment !
I see that the heating pipes run along the back wall under the small storage area. ( the one under the shelf)
At the moment I keep our extra rain pants and games etc, stuff we don't need to access often. Its quite full !
Suggestions on what and how much can I store in there and still have the benefit of the hot pipes ?
What do you keep in your storage space ? ! :)

2018 320S
Vancouver Island.

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @2manyplaces, take a look at this discussion thread and my comments there.  It sounds like you may be over-filling those storage areas.  My personal view is that you need to maintain some air flow for proper heating.  Other members may have contrary opinions:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11478/bedding-storage
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @2manyplaces: you will notice a gap between the the bottom cabinet and the back wall that runs the width of the cabinetry ~1/2”. This is where the radiated heat escapes into the camper. Keep this area as open as possible for the heat to work its magic. Also, as this is a convection system, keep the floor area clear as well; you will notice slots on the kick plates of the furniture at floor level. This is where the system draws cold air in, so the system is circulating the cold air from the floor, drawing it across the radiators and releasing it through the gaps.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 121
    Just returned from Colorado camping at around 10,000' elevation in my T@b 320s where night temps dropped into the mid 20's.  Above 3000' elevation, be sure to set the Adle on high altitude if you model had that feature. Tried to keep the convection vents clear as best I could but the bed stays warm and the air temp above the bed  still gets cold. Best performance I had was running the Adle pump on continuous so the hot glycol continues to circulate even when the Adle burner is off.   That worked much better and did not seem to put an excessive drain on the battery. We were boondocking and recharging the battery with my solar panel.  Now that I am home, I am installing a small 12 volt computer fan in the cover for the Adle glycol tank which will pull air from above the heat exchanger in the rear of the trailer and force it above the bed.  Waiting for a cold front to come through south Texas to try it out and see if it works like I think it will.   
    2019 T@B 320S