Options

2021 Tab 400 Battery and Inverter box pics

2»

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    Viajero #2 It may have changed in the 2022 models but in our 2021 T@B 400 the only 120V outlet powered by the inverter is in the bed side cubby. All of the others including for the microwave, are only powered when plugged into shore power.
    #4 We've been happy with the stock Harris batteries after a full year of use. With the factory installed 162W of solar and an additional 100W portable panel we have plenty of power for off grid camping so long as the sun is shining. We did install a Victron battery monitor which helps keeping track of the battery bank SOC and determining the power draw of everything. Time will tell on their longevity.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for that info. Is there a receptacle in the bathroom at all?  

I wonder if the stock inverter would power the microwave. If you feel like getting adventurous with an extension cord.......

Thanks and take care. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    No, the factory TaB400 Inverter will not power the Microwave, it is a 1200/1800 watt inverter and you need a full 2,000 watts minimum for a small Microwave, not sure what the factory Microwave power requirements are.  We tired using the 1200 watt inverter (which goes to surge 1800 watts for 20 seconds or so, then goes back to 1200 watt output), the Microwave would start and after about 20 seconds, it will shut down when the surge mode kicks off.  :|
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Good to know. Once we get it we’ll evaluate what we want to do. 

Can you tell me if the microwave is on it’s own unshared breaker in the distro panel?  

I appreciate your info by the way. Thank you. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2021
    I think so, I do not have a factory microwave, and tried using a smaller one with the Inverter, but no go.  It does work off the galley counter outlet.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options