Options

Our 2015 Outback has a tiny leak in the roof.

SusanBSusanB Member Posts: 20
We just had some really heavy rain here in the Pacific Northwest and noticed this leak in the camper this morning. I have a feeling I’m gonna have to re-bed the railing running along the roof but wondering if other people have had this problem before and what was the solution. We have a 2015 outback.

Comments

• Options
    nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    I have no sign of leak as of yet but there is blister in the paint next to the railing.  I had to reset the rail as it had popped up at the joint towards the top of the trailer.  During the repair I noticed the blister (or bubble) in the paint.  No obvious sign of water penetration at this point.  I contacted Nu Camp hoping to get information for recommended repair and paint color etc. before the blister gets worse.  Their only suggestion was to take it to a body shop.  They did not know what the original color of paint was.  They did note that the original paint has probably faded.  Oh well.   
    2016 cs-s max
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    This is the first I've heard of a leaking roof--probably explains why you are not getting many responses. I guess you are the pioneer in this regard--lucky you...  :-:angry:

Please report back on how you eventually address this issue. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SusanB, try sending an email to repair@nucamprv.com to see what Austin and crew come up with as an answer.  There’s not much that he hasn’t seen nor heard of in the world of T@B’s. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I had a leak from the LED light bar on top of the roof. The wire going down into the roof was never caulked. 
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge