Options

Mobile Hotspots

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I should have added...There's another iPad app that lets you subscribe to feeds called FlipBoard (it actually hides the fact that it's using RSS but it is) It's really a nice app and I use that for an entirely different set of feeds. The only problem is it doesn't download the entire article, just a picture and summary so you still need a net connection to click and read the whole article but it's mostly text so doesn't starin your cell data plan.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I have just purchased my first smartphone.   Oh, Lordy, this is a HUGE learning curve.  I am not to the point of being able to download movies to view in my T@B (yet).  I wanted to report that there is no great DEAL for new Verizon subscribers in terms  of a data package (even though Millenicom was purchased by Verizon).  :((  I bought a 2 gb plan for $50/mo. + the $40 mo. line access charge.  I spent a huge amount of time last weekend with a Verizon tech to get my smartphone connected to a mobile hotspot.  BUT right now I am on the mobile hotspot and it seems to be working well.  I will monitor my data usage.  Additional data is only $10/mo.

This is all in preparation for my breakup with Comcast and, ultimately, my journey on the road in T@B for extended periods of time.   

X_X
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)