Options

First time jitters!

TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
My girlfriend of almost 50 years is coming up from RI this week for a visit.  Since we planned to use my T@B for the "guest room", my hubby suggested that she and I take it to a nearby campground for one night.  I have been going through the manuals and just about every conversation on this forum (not really, but a lot of them for sure) since we bought our T@B in late April, trying to become comfortable with all the parts and pieces.  So far, I have only connected it to shore power and put water in the tanks.  Now I'm getting nervous, hence my being wide awake at 1:30AM thinking about the what if's.  I'm not filling the LP, nor are we using the wetbath, so that eliminates those scenarios.  I'll probably use the fridge on electric (for the wine and cheese), but I don't plan on cooking (I don't at home either....hubby is the chef), so I guess I won't be doing anything that might make us blow up or do some other type of damage.  Guess most first time RV-ers get the jitters prior to their first trip.  I'm sure my friend and I will have a really good time and I'll chuckle over any little goofs when we are back in the driveway, safe and sound, with my first mini trip under my belt.  I can do this!!!
Martha in Pittsfield, VT with my 2015 T@B Max CS-S and my 2015 Subaru Forester

Comments

• Options
    OzT@bOzT@b Member Posts: 39
    By the sound of what you are planning not to much can go wrong.
    As long as you have wine & cheese you don't need anything else.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    It'll all be good. If something doesn't go as planned, just laugh it off and have a good time anyway.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    If things become overwhelming shut everything down and enjoy your wine and cheese b
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Enjoy the mistakes and things you will forget to do.  It is all part of the learning process.

If you need to worry, read the front page of any newspaper any day of the year, or watch any evening news show.  There is stuff there worth worrying about.  What may go wrong on a camping trip is not something worth worrying about.

You will soon have a bunch of stories you can share about the silly mistakes you made, enjoy them, it is really part of the fun.

• Options
    sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

Hey Tweedrvr! Read my post under "Trailer Nightmare." My family all lived through that episode. My brothers and me now laugh [hysterically] about it. Come to think of it, I should write the 2nd story that I mentioned in the 1st story.

As I'll soon be ordering my T@B (July), I'm sure I will have a few SNAFU's along the way. Once my 29 yr. old Son learns of them, the laughs begin! What a rotten kid! I should replace him with a puppy!

Good Luck with the T@B!

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Puppies never laugh, just wag their tail like you're the greatest. Much more forgiving than kids or brothers.
  • Options
    bobandcarolbobandcarol Member Posts: 17
    have fun fellow New Englander, wine and cheese sounds good !!
    2015 T&B CS, 2013 Subaru Outback
    Augusta, Maine
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Only two suggestions...take the T@B to an empty parking lot and practice backing up (you don't have to be perfect), and if you're not connecting to shore power, don't forget to unplug your car from the T@B when you camp.  Otherwise,,,enjoy the wine!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I don't think there is a single one of us who is perfect......show of hands for the perfect ones......yeah, none ;) Any way, don't get flustered, know you can do it, and go for it.  The prize is the wine and cheese at the campground!  Oh yeah, the camaraderie at the campfire.  That's the best part of it.  Now go for it--we all had our first camping trip and we all lived to tell about it.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone, for your words of wisdom and support! I'm looking forward to this mini adventure and spending time with my "olde" friend! Kind of wish it was more than one night but there will be other times for sure! 
  • Options
    Patti-have s'mores at the ready. Thanks!
  • Options
    KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    Tweedrvr said:
    Thanks, everyone, for your words of wisdom and support! I'm looking forward to this mini adventure and spending time with my "olde" friend! Kind of wish it was more than one night but there will be other times for sure! 
    You are going to have a wicked good time! Sounds like a great idea. If my sister lived closer by (rather than Alaska) I would totally set up an adventure like that. Wine and cheese, music on the stereo, feet up, relaxin' with Miss Pettigrew (our T@B). Have fun with your friend!  Greetings and good wishes to Pittsfield, VT from Pittsfield, MA. :)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I agree with the keeping food stuff simple. You aren't leaving civilization! I find that there are many helpful people in campgrounds. Don't be shy. Tell the camp host this is your first time setting up and ask if there someone who could watch to make sure you do everything in the correct order (park, chock wheels, unhitch, level). Enjoy the night! Grab some firewood from the camp store and hang out with your BFF. I look forward to your follow-up report! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Seems there's a lot of wino-women on this forum ;-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    PXLated said:
    Seems there's a lot of wino-women on this forum ;-)
    I resemble that remark!  ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”