Options

Does anyone use the Andersen system for leveling a T@B 400

2»

Comments

• Options
    cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    RobynE said:
    Ok, working through this in my mind. So once I'm on the leveler where I want to be, I'm thinking I would want to set the parking brake on my TV? Then get out and place the additional chock piece, then get back into my TV and release the parking brake. I'm thinking that might also relieve the tension once the TV moves a bit from releasing the parking brake. I'm sure it will make better sense once I'm actually doing it! 

It also sounds like pulling forward onto the leveler will prevent the tension on the hitch ball in the first place.
    Someone else may have a better method, but I usually pull onto the ramp until level and (if by myself) place TV in park, set the chock on the Anderson AND on the the other wheel. Don't forget to chock the other wheel. I then get back in the TV, press on the brake and release the parking brake. I then ease off the brake to let the trailer settle and stabilize on the Anderson. I reset the parking brake and lift the trailer from the hitch. I may need to release the parking brake again to let the TV roll back a bit to release from the hitch.
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    I didn't preview well. Sorry. After leveling, I set Parking brake, place TV in park, then set chocks on both wheels.
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    Clipper_OneClipper_One Member Posts: 40
    FYI The Beach Lane Leveler is on sale for $79.00 at Amazon, single unit for single axel.
    Carl / 2021 T@B 320 S BD / 2021 Ford Explorer XLT / Port St John, Florida
    ”V1 Rotate”
  • Options
    Doug_EdwardsDoug_Edwards Member Posts: 4
    Just got the camper in July. Used boards the first time out. Bought the Anderson system and used once at home and for one trip so far. Have not tried it on a hard surface but it works well on gravel or crushed stone. I will always make sure the off wheel is chocked before unhitching. I have experienced some binding issues between hitch and hitch-ball. Brought along a small prybar and have had no problems. I will add putting a thin coating of grease on the hitch-ball, to my pre-towing checklist.
    Doug

2022 400 Boondock
    2023 Tacoma TRD Sport

Western Maine
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    @Doug_Edwards - best to avoid using a pry bar on the coupler.  If the coupler does not want to unlock, that means the ball is too far back in the coupler , so, just inch forward with the TV to position the ball more forward in the coupler.  If we anticipate needing a pretty high lift with the Anderson, we have unlocked the coupler and then pull up on the Anderson, keeping the chains intact, just in case😂
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio