Options

Front Range Gear closed?

We drove to Front Range Gear in Iowa last weekend, to take a look at any NuCamp trailers they might have. We found a building with no signage visable from the road, and no vehicles of any kind visible on their lot, at least no from the road. We drove past their building the first time, because it looks like an empty building sitting on an otherwise unoccupied lot. No RVs, no cars, no trucks. No one answered their phones all morning (I was hoping to avoid a pointless drive, just in case their hours were listed incorrectly on their website). I left a message as we drove away, and it has been 6 days... they have not called back. Make of that what you will, I just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else in the Midwest was planning a trip to visit them. They still have a website, which lists a couple of 2021 Nucamp trailers. Nucamp lists them as an active dealership on their site. There's no phone number listed on the Nucamp site, or I'd have tried to call them. Tomorrow we'll be making a trip to a dealer in Illinois. Hope to find a dealer sooner or later!  :)

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Their webpage indicates that they have sold out of 2021 TaB 320 S Boondocks, but TaGs are still available.  It has been a terrific market for RVs this year and many smaller shops probably can’t get additional stock.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    iowamviowamv Member Posts: 3
    Thanks! We’d have looked at anything they had, and stopped by during a time they should have been open. I really don’t know more than that. Maybe they take unannounced breaks or had an illness in the family?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    I don’t know about their instock TaBs, but Missouri Teardrop Trailers has a fan base here on the forum and are also good as a parts dealer.  https://www.missouriteardroptrailers.com/

They may be closer.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I found out from our local dealer, the nüCamp dealer allocations for this year, are based on previous sales history, so small dealers are getting fewer trailers than the larger dealers.  That said, ours is down to only two TaB 400s and one 320.  Their next shipment has all but two or three trailers pre-sold.  Seems TaBs are flying off the dealer lots as fast as they come in.
    cheere

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I consider US 31 South and I-65 South in Indiana to be an indicator of how well the Elkhart, Indiana RV dealers are doing. The new travel trailers on flatbed trucks, being towed by flatbed trucks and those heavy duty diesel trucks are certainly leaving the the RV factories in large quantities!  The RV industry is doing very well....except for the 3 hour delay for the terrible accident on I-65. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Yes Verna, and from what I have read, they are having record setting sales This year, as RVs became a more popular safe option for travel during The Pandemic.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    IowaSueIowaSue Member Posts: 1
    @iowamv, I wondered the same after driving past.  Ended up going to Jerry's Camping in Madison, WI.
    One woman and one dog hanging out in a 2021 T@B 320S "Dyna" pulled by "Josie" a 2020 RAV4 Adventure