Options

T@B400 sink plumbing photo

I removed the bathroom sink from my T@B400. I have never used it. I heard the drain doesn't work well. I'd rather use the space for more room in the shower and for a storage shelf. I have not figured out the new shelf yet but want to share a photo of the sink plumbing for those that haven't seen behind the sink.

2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    @jimcenname If you remove the outside shower, the rest of the sink drain plumbing is revealed including a p-trap.  Probably the best location to plug the drain if you are abandoning the sink.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2020
    My TaB 400 had the sink omitted, and the factory covered this plumbing access area with a fiberglass panel, similar to what you would find in a home shower enclosure.  I like the extra space having the sink removed.  Now thst I know where the plywood behind this panel is, I plan to just add a towel hook and a wee shelf.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 613
    Here's what we did with that space.

Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    @Horigan: Thanks for sharing your shelf idea. Looks like that might be 3/8" plywood. I am trying to manage the weight I add to the T@B. The sink assembly I removed weighed about 10 pounds. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019