Options

2021 front window shade/screen replacement

Before I break something... I need to replace a melted screen. Probably due to not having our stove cover when we received the trailer our screen partially melted over the stove. NuCamp finally got a replacement to me but only included the screen assembly, no instructions. I pulled the corner pieces off the assembly but only see two screws on the top corners. I removed them but do NOT see any attachment on the bottom corners. I'm hoping it's NOT sealed instead of screwed. Does anybody have any experience with replacing the front window screen? Thanks. I will call on Monday but sometimes it takes a day or two to have someone get back to me.
Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    If it’s the whole frame/screen/shade assembly, the bottom screws are kinda hidden behind the pleats, at least on my 2019. Hard to describe, but gently push the pleats out of the way (without messing with the tensioning strings!) and you’ll find them.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Ah, I wondered if the screws were hidden behind but I didn't want to probe the pleats.Thanks they were there. It'll be difficult to transfer the holes to the new assembly as there are no pre-drilled locations on the new one. Maybe I can use the old one to transfer the positions.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    That is what I would do, put the two frames back to back and drill out the new one using the old one as a guide.  Good luck.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Then I'd have the position of the left hole on the right side and vice-versa, maybe they're symetrical.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Yes, good thought...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    I’d probably flip both over so the wall side faces up (easier to see the holes), and use very careful measurements to transfer the hole position from one to the other. Maybe even make a template out of cardstock, matched to the dimensions of the old one?

(Holler if this doesn’t make sense, posting pre-caffeine...)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Good idea using the card stock, line up on the corner and punch!

Anybody know why they didn't use the actual holes on the bottom? I assume the underlying structure wasn't there but then they got lucky for the top holes?