Options

Tab 400 model year switchover

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
Looking at forum posts on this site, some of the 2021 owners started getting their 400s as early as March 2020. Our 2021 on order is scheduled for delivery around March 2021. I'm wondering if we should wait for a 2022 Tab 400? Has anyone heard what changes might be on deck when they change from manufacturing the 2021 vs 2022 model year?
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I too am moving towards a 400 Boondock in the near future.  I have been to a couple of dealers and there response was:
     No changes to the 400 build on the next years model.

The new models will come out in July.  All RV manufactory's are working together to release new models at the same time.

Can I ask which fridge you picked and why?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have asked nüCamp. I’ll post their answer when it is given to me. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2020
    runaway30 said:
    I too am moving towards a 400 Boondock in the near future.  I have been to a couple of dealers and there response was:
     No changes to the 400 build on the next years model.

The new models will come out in July.  All RV manufactory's are working together to release new models at the same time.

Can I ask which fridge you picked and why?
    @runaway30 - We opted for the 12 volt Isotherm Cruise 65, standard frig rather than the Norcold N3104 for a few reasons:
    1. The Isotherm pulls low amps for when we boondock (~2 amps when compressor is running) vs 16.2 amps for the Norcold when running on battery. We also did not want to burn propane.
    2. We wanted the larger wardrobe storage, and the 3 way Norcold is only 1.4 cubic feet larger than the Isotherm. We can bring a 40 qt cooler along to reclaim that lost space should we need it.
    3. Previous absorption frig experience - we had a 3 way frig in our old Rockwood Windjammer and we always had to turn it on a day ahead of any trip to get it to temperature. It struggled to keep up if it was super hot or if the sun hit the frig side of the coach during the day.  By comparison the 12 volt frig can be turned on, then stocked with cold food and it will then get to temperature quickly. 
    Check the isotherm 65 specs vs Norcold specs here:
    Which frig are you leaning toward?

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2020
    @rhyno. On the 2021 release videos done at the end of 2019, nüCamp stated they were going to start building the 2021 model of the TaB 400 in early February 2020, so the first delivery would have been in March2020, just about the time the COVID lockdown occurred, so the first units off the production line got shipped before the lockdown.  

Given the number of changes done, any new mods would be very minor, as it was between the 2018 original model TaB400 and the 2019 year model. 2019 big change was the Alde Flo aux tank added,  2020 brought the Nautilus unit, and I’ll fated Air8, and 2021 a complete make over.  So no significant changes for 2022, would be my guess.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We also got the small 2-way fridge and we love it. You really have to watch it because it gets REALLY cold quickly. (I’ve frozen our little carrots both times we camped recently. 😊)

So Easy- turn on, put in your food and go. By the time we arrive that fridge is cold and stays cold. Super efficient, easy and remarkably spacious. 
    We do try to take food from our fridge to the camper so most of it starts out cold. 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    Rhyno,
    I am thinking the 12 volt.
    I like the idea of being able to  efficiently power it with solar only.  Sounds like with a few hours of sun a day it will run all day.
    Thanks to the advice from people like you and Denny16 and all of the real-world experience reported here it seems like the way to go for self reliance while camping. 

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I really like the 2-way DC fridge, and the new Isotherm Cruise model with the Danfoss compressor looks like the way to go.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    rhyno said:
    Looking at forum posts on this site, some of the 2021 owners started getting their 400s as early as March 2020. Our 2021 on order is scheduled for delivery around March 2021. I'm wondering if we should wait for a 2022 Tab 400? Has anyone heard what changes might be on deck when they change from manufacturing the 2021 vs 2022 model year?
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/12163/factory-statement-for-beginning-production-dates-for-2021-and-2022-nuecamp-model-years
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ