Options

Safe-for-Pump Level of Antifreeze in Fresh Water Tank

johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
I blew out waterlines so no detectable moisture at faucets, showerheads and valves.Took nearly an hour at 40 lbs. max pressure. Intended to pull antifreeze into waterlines using pump intake line, but pump area under 3-way fridge is too congested. Poured 3 gallons into fresh water tank. Had to make a trip to town for more.
Technically waterlines should be fine without antifreeze. I would prefer to use newly purchased antifreeze for sink, toilet and shower traps as well as discharge gate valves.
Since 2020 was the year when nuCamp declared a 30 gallon tank was functionally only 22 gallons, how many gallons of antifreeze needs to be in the tank before pump can distribute it? Instructions say 4 to 5. I am thinking of just leaving the 3 gallons in without distributing through (hopefully) dry lines. That would keep some propylene glycol out of septic system.
2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    That is what I would do, just leave the 3 odd gallons in the tank.  Once the water lines are blown out, they will not freeze to the point of causing damage.  

The only fresh water line I would add antifreeze to is the toilet water line, do this by disconnecting the water line hose from the pipe in the washroom, and use a funnel to add the antifreeze to the line, holding the flush lever down until you see antifreeze coming in the toilet.  

Reconnect or just plug the water line to keep the antifreeze in the line and valve (which is the part that gets damaged by freezing, and is hard to completely blow out.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Thanks for the "toilet tip" @Denny16!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM