Options

Avia

We just traded our Tab 400 for a 2020 Avia.  When I turn the pump on water gushes out of the city water connection.  I suppose NuCamp installed another one way valve backwards again.  Does anyone have a picture of one of these valves so I know what to look for?

I know this is a warranty issue but need to see what I can do the correct it.

Comments

• Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Looks like it is the city water check valve that is located in the connection.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Are you sure the water isn’t coming out of the fresh water fill which is next to the city water connection?  The 2 systems are separate, no?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    I had this same issue on my 2019 400.  If when you hook up to city water you get water at the sink, it is not installed backward.  Nucamp told me that sometimes there can be dirt in the valve that will cause it to not close and to try putting something in there to push on the valve.  That did not work on  mine and I had to have them replace the valve under warranty.  Good luck
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Are you sure the water isn’t coming out of the fresh water fill which is next to the city water connection?  The 2 systems are separate, no?
    It is definitely coming out of the City Water connection.  I looked at it last night and there is a check valve in that connection fitting.  I pushed on it a couple of times and it closed for the most part but was still leaking some.  I will pull it when weather permits and should be able to make the repair.  I suspect that the O-ring has come off of the plastic stim.