Pets and Sliding Screen Door

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
Do any of you pet owners use the sliding screen door when your pets are traveling with you? Any pointers on keeping them from damaging the screen? We are thinking we probably won't be able to use the screen door without putting up a pet gate or something to keep our pooches from jumping up and putting their paws on the screen.
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    rhyno said:
    Do any of you pet owners use the sliding screen door when your pets are traveling with you? Any pointers on keeping them from damaging the screen? We are thinking we probably won't be able to use the screen door without putting up a pet gate or something to keep our pooches from jumping up and putting their paws on the screen.
    Maybe use one of those magic magnetic type instead of taking a chance of the T@B one getting ruined.  Will need to figure a way of hanging it.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    I have seen some Pet owners use a baby/child gate across the doorway when the sliding screen is used.  Keeps the pet away from the screen.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Cheryl13Cheryl13 Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2020
    We had the screen door removed and self installed a magnetic screen.  Works much much better and we take it down when its cold out!
    2021 T@B 400
    2019 Subaru Ascent
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    We had no problem with our dog and screen door.  He knows his boundaries. We also have a screened in deck at our home which he spends many hours a day on.
    Maybe start training with access to screen door at your home.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Cheryl13 said:
    We had the screen door removed and self installed a magnetic screen.  Works much much better and we take it down when its cold out!

Could you please share what model/brand of magnetic screen you ordered and from where?  Thanks
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our little 9 lb Coton has not been a problem with the screens, she accepts them as a boundary as long as we are in sight.  However, I think she may shred the screen trying to get out if she thought we both were leaving her behind.  She's smart and loyal, but feisty. 

Doug
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    i used a piece of plexiglass for my pup. It slid snugly between the fridge and fire extinguisher closest to the door. Much more cost effective and simple to move and store under a seat cushion. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red