Options

What Are People Paying for the 2021 400?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 135
    We had one dealer just over ran hour away listing a price $3,600 more than another dealer with an identical T@B trailer two and half hours away. The closer dealer was unwilling to negotiate at all. The ended up buying from the dealer further away but it was not ideal in the middle of a Rocky Mountain winter. Could we or should have waited? Probably but now we can move on.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,252
    We had one dealer just over ran hour away listing a price $3,600 more than another dealer with an identical T@B trailer two and half hours away. The closer dealer was unwilling to negotiate at all. The ended up buying from the dealer further away but it was not ideal in the middle of a Rocky Mountain winter. Could we or should have waited? Probably but now we can move on.
    When are you picking it up? Ours will be here in feb/march which is perfect timing but we could get stuck in a snow storm (going from salt lake to Idaho falls)...maybe, maybe not. Similar situation though. Dealer locally wouldn’t budge and this other dealer was 3k plus lower. I’m not a huge fan of our local dealer anyway so whatever. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 135
    We picked it up on the 23rd. Weather and road were not at all favorable but we had already postponed twice. Had I known I would have postponed a third time but we're all safely home now. When we lived in Idaho we made that drive home from the SLC airport many times in scary weather. Good luck!
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,252
    I’d be more than fine if it didn’t come until mid March. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I'm trying to purchase one now and the lowest quote I'm getting is $39k on a 400 boondock. 
  • Options
    NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
    32-34 is the right deal, I bought a 320 but asked about the 400 so I shoped in several states
    2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk

• Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    NovaTab said:
    32-34 is the right deal, I bought a 320 but asked about the 400 so I shoped in several states
    When were you shopping? My dealer claims that prices have gone up and nucamp has stopped incentives.
  • Options
    NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
    try markwahlbergrv.com and in Jax Fl talk to John @ Travel Camp
    2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,064
     NuCamp usually does a price increase with the new year, which is now.  And it's possible they stopped incentives.  Originally we signed a deal on a 2020 in December 2019 but it was delayed on NuCamps end and we ended up getting a 2021 for 2020 prices.  But I still haggled them down to 30k plus tax.  Possibly costs went up a bit due to covid but its also possible that prices are raised by the dealer just due to higher demand now.   I'd ask the dealer to see the dealer invoice from NuCamp.  That will tell you what NuCamp charged them and it will also show it there is an incentive figured into the cost or not.  They may not show you but I'd ask.  My salesman sent it to me by accident.  His boss was very upset with him for doing that.  But it helped me out.  My 2021 400 BD cost the dealer $26,189 with a $3500 incentive, $29,689 if there had been no incentive.   I love my trailer but would not pay 39k for it.  I would have moved on and gotten an Escape or Big Foot.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 61
    I ordered a Tab 320S in May and it was just over $31,000. They weren't interested in negotiating...business is brisk. 
  • Options
    NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    I had a 2021 TAB 400 on order but swapped to a 2022.   With the price increase, the Price Form actually showed a list price of just over $50K if you can believe that.  I didn't pay that much but with crazy high shipping to west coast, it will be well over $40K for BD edition with microwave option.   Prices for everything just keep going up and up...
  • Options
    It’s unbelievable what has happened to prices. I took delivery of our 2021 400 15 months ago for 30k.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    @bergger...you could probably sell it for more than what you paid right now.  
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I could sell mine for more than I paid, I am sure of it and also get paid for the upgrades I have done. The problem is that then you start over with the wait and the higher price unless you are ready to be done with RV's. Since we are just getting ready to really put the miles and usage on our 2020 400 BDL, I don't see me selling anytime soon!

My suspicion is that in 12 months +/- that this is all going to change rather abruptly....

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    @bergger...you could probably sell it for more than what you paid right now.  
    No way I’d sell her!!  :o
    Leadville Colorado