Options

Ventilate the bathroom, remove all moisture after shower T@B400

(I live in my T@B400 full-time) After I shower in my T@B400 I wipe the shower curtain, the front wall and the floor to reduce the moisture remaining in the bathroom. I then run the exhaust fan in the bathroom while the cabin vent is open. I leave the bathroom door ajar so air can flow from the main cabin through the doorway and out the bathroom vent, otherwise the bathroom fan has nowhere from where to draw fresh air. Using this method my shower curtain dries between 15 and 60 minutes depending on the ambient relative humidity. I am considering a permanent vent between the cabin and bathroom so I can ventilate the bathroom with the door closed. I saw another manufacturer leaves a 5 inch gap at the top of the door between the door and the door frame so when closed, there is a 5 inch opening the width of the door. I could cut the top of my door. I can also drill several 1 or 2 inch hole across the top of the door (an finish the hole edges with a grommet). Do you ventilate your bathroom to thoroughly dry it after showering? If so how?

2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments

• Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Yes, I run the fan with the curtain across the open doorway. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    The original TaB 400 washroom exhaust fan as a recirculating mode, blowing air back into the washroom from above, which drys  the shower curtain and washroom in short order.  After a shower, I run the exhaust fan in exaust mode for 5 to 10 min, to remove excess moisture from the area, with washroom door slightly open to draw air in from the main cabin.  Then set the fan to glow down into the shower area until thr area is dry, another 10 minutes or so.

If Boondocking, a good wipe down should shorten the fan run to a few minutes to save power.
    cheere
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.