Options

Can you turn on Alde Circulator Pump without heating it up?

Weird question, but I was wondering if there is a way to turn on the Alde circulator pump without activating the heating element?

Comments

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2020
    Weird question, but I was wondering if there is a way to turn on the Alde circulator pump without activating the heating element?
    Yes you can . At least on the newer digital control panel models (don't know about the older switch models) . 
    Just turn on the Alde Panel , then the menu button , then on the bottom right hand corner is the tool/service icon , it looks like a gear . Scroll through the icons (I think the circ pump is on the third screen of selections) . You are looking for a circle with some arrows on it at about 3 and 9 oclock (#17 in the instruction linked below) . You can switch from continuous circ pump mode (which will turn on the circ pump all the time) or thermotat controlled circ pump (standard setting) . When on contnuous , you should notice the same circ pump icon on the main (default) alde screen letting you know the circ pump is running . You should also hear it running faintly. 
     Here is the Alde instruction manual for a 3020 . If you scroll down through the instructions, you will find instructions and pictures on everything including the circ pump operation . 

https://products.alde.se/storage/media/15737257605dcd264041a31/alde-compact-3020-operating-instructions-v-302024-rev1914-us-fr-ca-190924-lr.pdf

HTH 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks so much for the very clear instructions! I have the digital panel. 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @TabbyShack - if you are not using the Alde to heat, what is the purpose for circulating the glycol?  I can only find that setting for providing a heated floor.  Do you use it to get rid of air?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    No, its a long story, so I didn't explain.  I just want to circulate the glycol so I can test the PH and freeze point after its freshly mixed.  Maybe that has no bearing on what readings I get but thought it a good idea. I can't run the heat part because I forgot to bypass the Alde when winterizing and antifreeze got into the Alde. I drained it within about 15 minutes of me realizing what I did but I didn't want to heat it up until I can fully flush the system with clean water in the spring.