Options

Using the built in dehumidifier

easttntabeasttntab Member Posts: 48
I have a 2021 320 css. I have just returned from some winter camping with temps in low 20's at night. Alde worked great, on my last night of camping I decided to try the dehumidifier mode on the A/C to reduce condensation, it worked great except I woke up in the wee hours with the Alde shut off and 58 f inside. I shut the dehumidifier off and restarted the Alde and after awhile was nice and warm again. Does anyone know why the Alde would shut off? The two units worked flawlessly  for hours before Alde shut off.

(Corrected spelling of Alde for future searches of information. Verna, T@B Admin)

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    I assume shore power?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Do the Alde with the touch pad have an auto shut off timer?  It may have a default setting that can be turned off.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Dalehelman , there is auto set-back on the Alde panel (I love that feature), but there is no auto off feature. 

I’ve not used my 2021 T@B 320 except for one night, so I have not tried the Air8 with the Alde. Actually, I’ve not used the Alde on electric yet, just on propane. 

I have never had the Alde stop, and then was able to restart it without having to replace fuses. 

@easttntab, I’m stumped. How about emailing Creed at tech@nucamprv.com. He can help you, and hopefully you two will figure it out. Be sure to give us some feedback on what he tells you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @easttntab - was the Alde control panel turned off or did it just stop heating?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM, if I remember correctly, the control panel shut off. @Verna, I'm not sure I know what an auto-set back is and thank you for the correct spelling of Alde, different than the grocery store. Lol
    I'll  send Creed an email
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @easttntab, sorry for making the assumption on “auto set back”. 

Auto set back is when the thermostat (or Alde panel) has the ability to change its temperature  according to what you want. I like to sleep in cooler temps, so I set the Alde panel to a nighttime temp of 62*.  At 5 am the Alde panel is set to 70* and it automatically comes up to that temperature. So, it is an auto function to change the temperature twice a day for comfort or fuel settings, just like the newer home thermostats are. 

In the evening here at home, I perform searches for “Aldi”, and I change the spelling in the posts that I have missed. Once you get used to the Swedish “Alde” (pronounced Alda, if you want to impress others, but most of us pronounce it as Alde), and you’ll get used to using German word “Aldi” for the grocery store.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    Maybe there were conflicting temp settings between the two units? I think I have seen posts where this happened to 400 owners when trying to use the heat pump function of the CoolCat.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    @Verna, that makes sense, now I know what auto-set back means. I had not programmed any change in setting.  I emailed Creed, I'll see what he has to say. @Travelin3D, yeah there was a difference  in temperature programming.The dehumidifier was set to max. I just don't  know why it would have shut down. I'll  pass on whatever I learn from Nucamp.
  • Options
    I followed up with Creed at NuCamp for resolve.  He believed it was air bubbles in the Alde system and didn't think running the dehumidifier was related. I raised the and lowered the nose several times leaving it nose high for a while per Creeds instruction. After several days and not being successful I repeated the steps several more times. When I turned it on the last time, I heard a big air bubble expelled from the expansion tank.  I have  been running the heat the last 4 days with no problem.  My problem  seemed more pronounced while using gas (fluid getting hotter I guess).  With the air out of the system, the Alde is producing hotter heat more quickly too and using the dehumidifier works great also for zero condensation while camping in temperatures in the single digits at night.