Options

Recommended AGM battery capacity for boondocking

13»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    The operative word here bing properly vented battery boxes sealed from the inside of the trailer.  The TaB400 battery compartment is also vented to the outside for AGM batteries.  AGMs don’t normally vent, but in some low discharge/recharge situations they can and do vent out toxic gas fumes.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Yes, I figured someone would suggest this and is acceptable, but I wanted the point brought out specifically as it is critical for safety.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    MooreeMooree Member Posts: 21
    Mooree said:
    I bought 4 RV batteries for Boondocking from Battle Born for a solar project, these batteries are amazing and will work well with any acid. And last 3000 cycles or more. I run 400 to 800 watts all night with no problems. The battery charges very quickly even when it's cloudy. Additionally, it can supply between 14.4 and 14.6 volts, which is enough power to run most RV devices. I can totally use this battery as a backup power source because it is so versatile and reliable.
    This boondocking battery lasts longer than other brands, is leak-proof, spill-proof and best of all - maintenance-free. What's more, it has a 10-year warranty so you can return it if it's not what you expected. If you want a long-lasting battery for your RV, fishing boat or camper, this battery will provide you with a good source of power indefinitely.